+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it's a bad idea-partly as my mum is under 50 I would miss out!!! Would be nice for the girls to spend more time with my mum (she works full time)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Unless the elderly parents are expected to die sometime in the 6 months and the carer will be returning to their old job I don't really understand how it is beneficial? Because as it stands now if someone decides to care long term for an elderly or disabled parent, they claim the carer's payment. Bit of an odd idea

Re caring for Grandkids, I would rather see Father's be able to access 6 months paid paternity leave if they are looking at funding 6 months leave for Grandparents. Again, an odd idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Why is it only granny leave, why can't poppy take some time off work to help with the kids or parents? Seems odd.

I think it's a great idea to subsidise private care of the young or elderly who need it, if the carer is willing. However family care doesn't boost the economy or generate jobs in the same way centre based care does so I doubt it'll ever happen.