+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Father's Day

Just wondering what the other single mums do for Bio Dads on Father's Day? And do you children's ages play a part in this?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Amount of contact plays the biggest role for me, and reciprocity. He sends me nothing for Mother's Day and calls once a month, if that, so ds who is 4 makes cards and gifts for Poppy and my partner. It's really what you feel comfortable with that you should base the day on

ETA: and nothing for biodad, just to clarify

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with pp. I got a 'happy mothers day', so he'll get a 'happy fathers day'. It really does depend on how involved he is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm DD has seen her bio father once in 18months. I didn't hear from him on Mother's Day so I probably won't call/text him from her. He calls occasionally but isn't really a 'dad'

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    He didn't bother with Xmas or birthdays for the boys, so I'm not initiating anything, if the boys express a want to do anything, I'll let them decide, and help them if they need help. I'm unimpressed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    After the past couple of days, he can get f###ed.

Anyway. Initially, I had suggested for birthdays and fathers/mothers days we spend $30 on each other on behalf of the kids. It lasted a year. I continued doing it anyway, but got nothing in return. Last year for fathers day I gave the kids money for the fathers day stall, and all I got was a "what the f###, I can't even use this s###".

This year for mothers day, *I* gave the kids money for the mothers day stall.

So he's getting nothing this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread makes me sad. I can't believe there are so many 'Dads' out there who treat their own children this way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD buys something at the school stall for both mothers and fathers day. This year I made her take the money out of her own savings - people are always giving her money so I decided there was no reason for me to fund it (particularly as it would be me funding BOTH mothers and fathers day!)

Whether DD sees him or not depends on what he wants to do and whether it is her weekend with me or him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my first year as a single parent but DS's father and I are on really good terms and he is very involved in DS's life, so for Father's Day DS has helped me pick a whole lot of photos of him and his dad and I will arrange them into a photo album for DS to give to him on Father's Day.

In the future I think it will definitely depend on his involvement in DS life but I will let DS decide what he would like to do for his dad on the day (within reason)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My exH is very involved with the boys and they love him dearly so I'm more than happy to help them out with his present. I haven't actually decided what yet - I'll have to have a chat to them. I'd say they'll want to get him some coffee vouchers from his favourite cafe and they'd want to make something for him. They will also have gifts from school/daycare. It's my weekend with them but he is picking them up for a few hours to have lunch with him and their grandad.

ExH is good on Mother's Day too. DS1 gets really excited to sneak the present in and hide it in his room to surprise me on Mother's Day. He often buys a gift voucher plus gets them to make something. One year I also got a huge tub of m&ms .... So I could share with DS1. Haha!