+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 8mth old doesnt day sleep much anymore :(

Dunno whats going on mith my 8mth old but he has started cat napping for his 2 day sleeps in which he used to sleep a solid 1.5-2hrs for each sleep.
    He's grumpy and cries all day cos he's tired. Wont re-settle after 30-40mins just screams the house down. If i go into him he expcts to get up, so by me going in to try and re-settle just confuses him. He is used to self settling.
    He still sleeps thru the night 7pm-7.30am. (guess i dont have any problems then, huh.)

It's not teething and is perfectly healthy.
    No matter how long or short i keep him up, it doesnt seem to make him sleep longer. He's on a consistant routine but as he will only sleep 30 odd mins for sleeps these days, it does get mucked up a fair bit and some nights he's in bed for the night at 6pm and will sleep through untill 7am.

How can i get him sleeping longer day naps again? he needs the sleep cos he's a restless grumpy bum all day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My bet is a phase. My DD is the same age and sometimes does this for a day or two. I bet give it a month, cross your fingers the night sleeps stay the same and he should be ok.

By the way, I've found a 3 hour awake time perfect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks i hope so too. 3hrs awake is his norm and has ben for a while. all of a sudden he started this cat napping so thought he was not tired enough but he wouldnt budge that 3hour mark. So bought sleep forward by 30mins then the hour. No difference.
    Why cant they just be consistent ALL THE TIME lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd has been doing this a lot lately! Came back in to see if anyone had any decent advice. Nup

Thanks
    Reviews
    seems it was a phase. Seems he's just keeping me on my toes! He's still having 30-40mins for his morning sleep. i just get him up and give him a snack. That seems to keep him happy, if he has something in his hand to nibble at But he will now have 2.5-3 hours from 1.15pm. Guess i'll be phasing out that first sleep sooner than i thought i'd have to!
    His nights have not been effected.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great, glad it's better! DD has had a recurrent ear infection which i suspect is still giving her trouble (she's on medication), I wonder if that's causing her short day sleeps. She doesn't sleep through either which sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg I just want to say I feel your pain except my 15 month old has been doing this since about 4 months old he ha slept 7pm until 7:30 am since 3 months old but has always been a terrible with day naps, I think he has slept for 3 hrs during the day once in his short life unless he is in the car or pram if I am out and about, I also have stuck to a consistent routine and nothing has worked I have learnt to live with it lol after literally trying everything I have up I just want to say I hope your bub goes back to day sleeps coz it's horrible not having that small piece if time in the day to get things done. Plus I have baby 3 due feb that's going to be fun lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    Great, glad it's better! DD has had a recurrent ear infection which i suspect is still giving her trouble (she's on medication), I wonder if that's causing her short day sleeps. She doesn't sleep through either which sucks.

ohhhh my ds just got over an ear infection, he's still finishing off penecillan. can totally mess with their sleep. it didnt even click that was this issue untill i took him off to the GP, because he was so unusually grumpy, wouldnt day sleep and had a temp.
    bad mummy moment #456