+ Reply to Thread

Default Looking to move!

Hi all

we moved to canberra 2 years a go from the uk and we love it here! We've since had a baby and as much as canberra is a fantastic place to live, it's 2 hrs from the nearest coast (amazing beaches but still too far!) we moved to Australia to have the coastal lifestyle and now we have completed our 2 years that we committed to we want to move.

In your experience where do you recommend living with a 5 month old baby? What we want is Canberra with a beach! Ideally we want to be able to walk to the beach. Hubby is a graphic designer/finished artist/art worker but doesn't want a Long stressful commute to work, he currently walks to work in 10 mins at the mo! Everything is great but we want the beach!!

what areas do you recommend?

thanks very much in advance!!!

perth SOR
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In Perth a lot of Brits live down Mandurah way which is on the beach, there is canals with beautiful houses and you can go sailing ,crabbing and lots of water activities the weather is nice most of the year. It is about an hr from the city but Mandurah is a city to itself. Closer to perth there is some lovely suburbs on the beach , I used to live in cottesloe and Scarborough and spent every morning going for walks on the beach, was only thinking the other day how much I missed it. Good bus and train transport there to get to the city within minutes and huge shopping centres , good schools ,they have everything there.

It all depends on how close to the CBD you want to be as well being near the beach... and $$$ you are willing to part with.

Perth/WA has some awesome coastline. I live near Cottesloe/Swanbourne beach. Floreat/City Beach is nice but then again so is further north and south away from the CBD. Waterman's Bay and heading towards Sorento (NOR) and Waikiki/Rockingham/Palm Beach in particular (SOR) are beautiful coastal areas too. There is a train line from Mandurah to the CBD. Also train close to Cottesloe area as well.

Most of these coastal areas also have nice parks for children and are amazing to walk along (plus some great coffee) You can virtually walk along the coast quite a long way, the paths are well set up.

There are also areas close to these coastal suburbs that are pretty awesome too. Great schools and shopping centres too.

Pretty lucky here

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are close to Fremantle and I LOVE it here. 5 mins to river (walk) and 5 mins to beach in car. Close to cafes, a few bars, shops etc. Buses run into city or bus then train. Fremantle has a lovely feel to it. Good community. Pm me if you want.