+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sinus infection - to take antibiotics or not?

I have another painful sinus infection! I always get them in the same place once a year. Anywho being 21 weeks pregnant I am not sure if I want to take antibiotics or not.

I have been doing saline rinses the past 2 days and it hasn't gotten worse, but hasn't gotten better. I got some antibiotics today from the drs for incase it doesn't clear up on it's own, but she told me to start taking them as my mucous is yellowy green. I really HATE taking things when pregnant so not sure if I should start taking them or give it a few days to see if it improves with the rinses?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just went to the doc for the same thing today. It started to get painful on Friday then yesterday and today my cheekbone and teeth on one side are sore. I got a script but my doc said to wait a few days and only take them if it gets worse. I am in so much pain and Panadol really isn't helping so I am tempted to start taking them now. I've been doing the sinus flush since Friday and it doesn't seem to be clearing up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I would probably take them. (Not suggesting you should but it is what i would do). I guess i think of it as the sooner my body gets over the infection the sooner it can put its full attention on bubs again. I dont like feeling uncomfortable and sick so if the DR tells me it is safe (I have been with my DR for many years and trust her) i would take them,

Not sure if my way of thinking makes sense or not.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (26-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get sinus infections a lot and had to take two courses of antibiotics at different times during pregnancy. My doctor checked each time to make sure it was safe to take I think he ended up prescribing amoxyl or keflex can't remember which and it cleared it right up. I would check with my doctor and make sure they research before prescribing then again ask at chemist. Me personally I'm glad I took them as it got rid of it and rather clear it up than get sicker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My script is for keflex. I think I'll wait a few days and if there is no improvement ill fill the script.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a terrible sinus infection my last pregnancy that needed 2 courses of Keflex to clear. There was no way it was going to go of its own accord.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodes86 View Post
    My script is for keflex. I think I'll wait a few days and if there is no improvement ill fill the script.
    Keflex is a category A drug in pregnancy which means that its been taken by large amounts of pregnant women without any proven increase in the frequency of malformation or other direct or indirect harmful effects on the fetus having been observed.
    I know you feel I don't like talking anything either in siting here with a pounding headache but a sinus infection isn't likely to go away on its own....
    If it were me I'd take them. Sinus infections are painful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I just want to warn people of the possible side effects of antibiotics. I got so sick with hallucinations and suicidal ideology. As well as heart palpitations and vomiting and the runs. I would just deal with an infection naturally next time.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tastychicken View Post
    I just want to warn people of the possible side effects of antibiotics. I got so sick with hallucinations and suicidal ideology. As well as heart palpitations and vomiting and the runs. I would just deal with an infection naturally next time.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    That's sounds awful! Which antibiotic was it?