+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    But, who cares? It's like a person accused of beating his wife saying "but my neighbour also beats his wife". It's the same logic my 4 year old uses when confronted with one of her crimes.
    I'll say it again, taxpayers pay for the ABC - which is supposed to be unbiased and cater to the entire population - not just those of the left. So it is not the same.

There is not one conservative host on any of the ABC's political programs. I say sell the ABC, and see how well it stands on its own two feet....and own budget.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    I'll say it again, taxpayers pay for the ABC - which is supposed to be unbiased and cater to the entire population - not just those of the left. So it is not the same.

There is not one conservative host on any of the ABC's political programs. I say sell the ABC, and see how well it stands on its own two feet....and own budget.
    How much do you listen/watch of the abc?

Did you not see Leigh sales give it to Krudd?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week

I call bullsh!t on that one! have you ever watched Insiders??

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkydunks View Post
    I call bullsh!t on that one! have you ever watched Insiders??
    Uuuhhm. Yes.

Are you going to call Barry Cassidy a conservative???
    Try again.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Father For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (27-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    How much do you listen/watch of the abc?

Did you not see Leigh sales give it to Krudd?
    A fair bit. Which interview are you referring? I'm assuming a 7:30 one? When was it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Barry, no. Many of the regular panalists are quite obvious with their conservative views.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkydunks View Post
    Barry, no. Many of the regular panalists are quite obvious with their conservative views.

My comment clearly said 'host', at which you called 'bullsh!t'.
    Your statement that many are conservative is a stretch. I would suggest that they have one, sometimes, on a panel of three. And even that is a stretch. The regularity of a conservative guest on Insiders has declined substantially over the last couple of months.

A challenge to you, can you find an episode of Insiders that has had two conservative guests out of the three? (Not including Barry, who is of the left, which would actually make it 2 v 2, rather than either 1 v 3, or 0 v 4).

I can save you time and suggest that there has never been 2 on the same panel. They are always outnumbered. Same with Q&A.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    My comment clearly said 'host', at which you called 'bullsh!t'.
    Your statement that many are conservative is a stretch. I would suggest that they have one, sometimes, on a panel of three. And even that is a stretch. The regularity of a conservative guest on Insiders has declined substantially over the last couple of months.

A challenge to you, can you find an episode of Insiders that has had two conservative guests out of the three? (Not including Barry, who is of the left, which would actually make it 2 v 2, rather than either 1 v 3, or 0 v 4).

I can save you time and suggest that there has never been 2 on the same panel. They are always outnumbered. Same with Q&A.
    You did say host and I clearly mistook the roles of the panalist as hosts. I'll own that one. I think there are conservative leaning hosts on the ABC but I can't prove it so I won't name names.

As for the episodes of Insiders. I'll get back to you when I'm on a device that supports flash. I'm almost certain I've seen shows with more than on conservative on the panal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Guys you don't need to defend the abc to prove the argument posed by the OP. up to you but it's diversion. The issue of who funds media is irrelevant to the argument that media should be unbiased. Karl Marx himself could be running the ABC and it doesn't give News Limited the right to do what it's doing.

So no I don't agree with you F, but that's as direct as I'll get on this.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (27-08-2013),BigRedV  (27-08-2013),Busy-Bee  (27-08-2013),harvs  (27-08-2013),HollyGolightly81  (27-08-2013)