+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Yes, I know.

Most means greater number?
    My mistake. You mentioned being a redneck. I thought you may have thought I was referring to current TPP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    As is the ABC. The big difference is: ALL taxpayers are paying for the ABC bias, whilst only those who pay for a News Ltd product is paying for their bias.

At least you have the option not to give News Ltd any of your money. I wish I could do the same with the ABC!
    Do you really listen to abc radio? Or watch abc news? Answer honestly. Or are you just talking about other shows?

I regularly listen to abc radio. It is not biased. They ask the hard questions of all politicians. The other day they had Barry O'Farrell on talking about something fluffy, can't even remember. They had Fiona Scott and David Bradbury on before that comment and were broadcasting from that electorate.

One time you said there wasn't a conservative smh journo. I pointed out there is.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (26-08-2013)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I can't believe how much that figure gets thrown around without question.

Tim Blair dumbs it down quite nicely. http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegr...wnership_test/

And before you all rant and rave how much you don't like Tim Blair, here is the link to the Conversation.
    http://theconversation.com/factcheck...ustralia-16812
    But owning 8 out of 12 *major* newspapers and:

'The most recent IBIS World Industry Report on Newspaper Publishing in Australia (July 2013) finds that News Australia has a 42.3% marketshare, with the company's daily and Sunday newspapers accounting for approximately two-thirds of all daily (including Sunday) newspapers sold in Australia.'

are both closer to that 70% number, no?

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...pers-australia

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    As is the ABC. The big difference is: ALL taxpayers are paying for the ABC bias, whilst only those who pay for a News Ltd product is paying for their bias.

At least you have the option not to give News Ltd any of your money. I wish I could do the same with the ABC!
    I'm sorry, I must have missed where the ABC News has made parodies of Abbott, can you provide me with links perhaps? Doh! I just realised the ABC doesn't have any newspapers.

Most of my electronic news comes from ABC Classic FM radio and, well, they must have missed the memo. My printed news comes from a range of sources including *gasp* News.com.au, SMH, BBC and ABC. I chose not to watch TV because it's all sh1te with the vast majority of 'news' coming from press releases.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (26-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    I'm sorry, I must have missed where the ABC News has made parodies of Abbott, can you provide me with links perhaps? Doh! I just realised the ABC doesn't have any newspapers.

Most of my electronic news comes from ABC Classic FM radio and, well, they must have missed the memo. My printed news comes from a range of sources including *gasp* News.com.au, SMH, BBC and ABC. I chose not to watch TV because it's all sh1te with the vast majority of 'news' coming from press releases.
    The argument that the abc (mainly radio) is biased has been around for years, and tbh coming from Melbourne and listening to certain hosts on abc radio, they are definitely left leaning and so I can see where the bias argument comes from.

But, who cares? It's like a person accused of beating his wife saying "but my neighbour also beats his wife". It's the same logic my 4 year old uses when confronted with one of her crimes.

The last vestige of a desperate litigant was how we described it in law. No persuasiveness at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    The argument that the abc (mainly radio) is biased has been around for years, and tbh coming from Melbourne and listening to certain hosts on abc radio, they are definitely left leaning and so I can see where the bias argument comes from.
    I'm not saying there's no bias in the ABC but the level of bias, the extent of readership/listeners and perhaps motives should also be taken into consideration.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Did anybody watch australian story?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Media Watch on ABC TV now!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm not saying there's no bias in the ABC but the level of bias, the extent of readership/listeners and perhaps motives should also be taken into consideration.
    I agree. i just get annoyed whenever people who criticise media in this country have the abc bias trotted out against them. There's a huge difference between newspaper bias and radio talkback personalities expressing personal opinions about politics.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Media Watch on ABC TV now!!
    Watching

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast