+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Please help me stay sane...

Hi all. This is the first time I have joined any forum online. To be honest, I have avoided these particular forums throughout my time of trying to conceive. It's been close to two years that my husband and I have been trying. I have a history of endo and all kinds of challenges. We tried an IUI cycle which was unsuccessful. I have just started my 2ww after our first IVF cycle. Hence why I have joined a forum. The embryo transfer was on Friday. It's only been one day! I was hoping to get some advice on how to keep sane. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!!
    How exciting! 2ww can suck! However you have another 36 weeks after that! So you have to keep busy!!
    Books
    Craft
    Exercise
    Restoring a piece of furniture
    A little get away
    Make it a goal to do something for someone else everyday... Put some thought into your random acts of kindness....
    Anything to keep your mind off waiting. And if you going to be busy, you might as well be productive & positive!!
    Let us know how you go!!!!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Crafty mummy For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (26-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love this reply and this is exactly what I will do. Put a list together of random acts of kindness. Thanks.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs squishy For This Useful Post:

Crafty mummy  (25-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Mrs Squishy,

I had my embryo transfer on Friday too! This is my 7th time in an IVF TWW and it never gets easier. I wish I had a sure-fire coping mechanism to get through it without going insane... but usually by the 4th or 5th day I've entered the loony bin

Love your ideas Crafty mummy

Luckily I'm flat out at work so getting through the days is OK... its the evenings that are hard. I'm going to have a crack at doing something productive each night after work, its got to be better than sitting on the couch and using food as a distraction

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpsonDesert View Post
    Hi Mrs Squishy,

I had my embryo transfer on Friday too! This is my 7th time in an IVF TWW and it never gets easier. I wish I had a sure-fire coping mechanism to get through it without going insane... but usually by the 4th or 5th day I've entered the loony bin

Love your ideas Crafty mummy

Luckily I'm flat out at work so getting through the days is OK... its the evenings that are hard. I'm going to have a crack at doing something productive each night after work, its got to be better than sitting on the couch and using food as a distraction

Nothing wrong with food distraction! Lol!!!!
    Now.... Where's my choccy biccies???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mrs Squishy, Crafty Mummy & Simpson Desert! May I please keep you guys company?

I had my embryo transfer on Saturday and I've also taken up residence in the loony bin lol!

I have two furry felines playing chasings and rumbles to distract me, plus I've taken to planting something new in my garden for each ivf we go through, I hope my garden doesn't turn into a swampy rainforest by the time this journey is over!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Beatrix, congrats on being PUPO and welcome aboard the crazy train lol. The more the merrier!

Crafty mummy I've been pigging out something shocking! Oink Oink lol. In my defense I am taking prednisolone and it makes me feel hungry all the time.

Mrs squishy how are you going?

I'm actually coping quite well for 4dp5dt. Not obsessing yet and not thinking about POAS early. I'll probably wake up with TWW fever tomorrow now I've said that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys. Thanks for the comments. I'm so glad I am busy at work, otherwise I would eat my weight in pastries. One of the most frustrating things about this 2WW is that I can't exercise. I have started writing a list of things I want to do if the procedure is unsuccessful. im not sure whether that is a negative approach or a productive way to look at coping with disappointment. I am of course incredibly positive that I will be blessed with a healthy pregnancy, however I feel as though I need a contingency plan. it's a way of regaining control over a completely powerless situation. I wish you ladies all the best and welcome any feedback around my coping mechan

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't help but POAS. I don't know if I am imagining things, but there is the faintest of lines to suggest a BFP. I would be lying if I said I wasn't freaking out. My husband is on a plane and out of reach. I have no one to call. Is there any chance at all it could be the pills that can give a fake positive?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not sure about the pills giving a false positive. What type of HPT are you using? Could you go and buy a digital first response? From my experience, and my days of being a POASaholic (surely on bub hub that is a word?) they were the best and most accurate!! Wow!! My fingers are crossed for you.