+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Michelle Bridges 12WBT - Round 4

Hi,

I have just registered my "interest" in the Michelle Bridges 12WBT ~ DH seems to be on board too, yay...

Would love to hear any stories, positive and negative... also, I have two small children, who do attend kindy a couple of times a week (DD1 goes 2 days, DD2 goes 1 day, occassionally 2)... there is no one around to babysit them... is the 12WBT achievable with two little ones. Unless I got up at 4am to do the exercise, I can't do it before they wake up, as they rise between 5-6am... DD2 still naps for 2 hours a day, and DD1 loves anything exercise related, so I thought I could do the exercise with DD1 while DD2 or the only other alternative is after they are in bed at night. Would this be okay?

Also are her meals indeed 'family friendly'?

TIA...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Babylove, an acquaintance of mine went on the 12WBT and lost over 30kg. At the time she was a stay at home mum with 2 young ones (2yo and baby) so definitely achievable. Exercise DVDs were her thing - Zumba and the like. The recipe suggestions and food were apparently very tasty and easy, but you don't have to follow them completely. Hope this helps!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (25-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know several people who have had good success with it. Not only loosing weight but becoming healthier all round.

dp and i joined the round that had just finished - not to loose weight (I'm ready tiny and dp didn't really want to loose any) but for the lifestyle change & motivation you get.
    We didn't exercise ever & ate very poorly.
    I found it great. We only joined for the 1 season, but its was good. It taught us what we needed to know and

6. The Following User Says Thank You to trying4no2 For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (25-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi!!

I lost 9kg with my first round
    Initially its intense doing all of the shopping, preping and cooking (I wasnt much of a cook preprogram which was also one of my reasons for doing it!).

Once you get into the groove its easy! I found that due to allergies I did need to change my food plan a bit but this had minimal impact. I tended to stick to 4 breakfasts and rotate between them, mostly for ease on busy mornings.

I dont eat seafood but my DP does so sometimes he would have the piece of salmon and I would sub for a piece of chicken breast. Other meals like tuna patties or seafood laksa I did with chicken only. This would def help with family!!

The freshness of the food and use of herbs rather than sauces means its super yummy. You could easily add a little bit of sauce for fussy little ones (just avoid yourself!).

The exercise is hard initially and you will feel sore but perservere!!!! Make sure you stretch, drink heaps of water and get yourself some well deserved Epsom salt bath time to ease the sore muscles.

Doing the pretasks will help you build a great routine. Also getting a few supportive friends to touch base and see how you are going!

Exercise wise def buy some of her videos! You can do them from home and they give you a really good work out (equivalent of a good gym class!). They are only 45mins so you could do while your kids sleep anytime during the day. The from home program could easily be done in your backyard too

Good luck!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great! Thanks guys... Do you have to buy a lot of stuff in readiness for the 12 weeks? ie. DVDs, exercise equipment, etc.?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would buy a set of kitchen scales from.kmart about $10, measuring cups/spoons, scales for you. You can get her dvd or she has a full from home no equipment set. I used a hear rate monitor but not neccessary. They are on sale at aldi wednesday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi babylove,

I thought you might be interested in reading through the blog of the girl I mentioned earlier. If you do decide to embark on the 12WBT, the best of luck to you!

http://mummyandwife.wordpress.com/20...bye-bye-fatty/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (26-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She is amazing, thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just downloaded 3 of Michelle Bridges DVDs. Holy cr*p they are tough lol. DH bought me a heart rate monitor recently and according to that I just burnt over 400 calories doing one DVD (and I couldn't even do it all)! Good luck!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (27-08-2013)