+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeling so down :(

Hi I am 27 and a mummy to beautiful boys aged 5 and 14 months and I am expecting baby 3 in feb 2014 my family is my world I love them so much. Lately I have been feeling really depressed about our living arrangements and about friendship and just life In general. I am finding it really hard being the youngest mum
    In my sons class none of the mums talk to me at drop off and pick up I have tried starting small tall but these ladies all live in the same streets and have been friends for along time which make it hard not to mention they are all in their mid 30's and seem to look down at me. The other issue is my friendship group I have two amazing friends I see regularly but it just feels like none of my other friends want to be around me anymore I have all of a sudden been out cast which sucks coz one of the friends in the group is is my sis in law I don't know if its just me and my silly pregnancy hormones but I am just over feeling so down all the time and I am
    So ready to pack my kids up and move to another state to get away and start fresh. It's hard also because I live in Adelaide with my partners family but all my family live in qld and I am missing them and would love to be closer to them. Sorry for the long rant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs hun.

I'm the same age with two boys as well.

I get what you're saying about school. This year I've been lucky as there are some nice mums who don't seem to care about age, but the last two years well pfft them!

I don't really have advice, just wanted to let you know you're not alone

Have you considered going to a playgroup? You might meet some new people there.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey thanks yeah I was going to the playgroup at the kindy where my son older son went but I stopped going because the same as school a the mums were older and just didn't talk to me, I live in unley so not a lot of young mums in my area unfortunately but I would love to find a playgroup with mums more my age it would be nice to make some new mummy friends

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah, I didn't like playgroup either. Just thought I'd throw it out there though as it can be good.

Does your local library do activities for children? That might be a way to meet new people.

I'm not really good with coming up with ideas to meet others sorry.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    feeling lonely sucks. I'm still trying to find my spot with other parents.
    There are heaps of things around where you could meet other parents like playgroup (try another one), storytime at the library, swimming lessons, kindy gym, toddler music classes. Look in your local paper or contact a local mchn to find out what's on in your area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone yeah I think I will start looking in other areas as there isn't much on with people my age in my area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Its horrible when you're a 'younger' mum than those around you hey? I dont see why they need to be so 'clicky' - we're all going through the same thing!

I agree with PP - a playgroup or library activities are a great place to meet new people. The more you get out and about the higher the chance of meeting people that you can click with. Maybe talk to your child health nurse? She'd know the mums around your age

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know what it's like when it comes to the mums at school, my daughter is In prep and I'm 28 one of the youngest mums, honestly it's like high school they each have their own clicks! It's tough to fit in! Have you tried mothers group?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. I can't imagine so don't have ashy advice but lots of hugs xxxooo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it's crazy how clicky they are I thought that stuff ended with high school but apparently not. It's so hard like I said in unley most ppl that live here are older and well established financially etc my partner and I own a plumbing business so he goes off to work and I do a the stay at home mum
    Stuff and paper work for the business. I have recently joined the gym thought I might meet some
    New ppl in the classes they offer
    For prenatal. It sucks coz I have always had such a big group of friends but I have really notice the change since having my second child and settling down with my partner which is the life I chose but a lot of my old friends are not at that point in their lives yet and I that's fine but Its sad you kind of hey forgotten in a sense. Like I said I have a couple of good friends who have babies close
    In age to my younges which is good. I think I just have to get out of my house more and start doing more
    Mummy stuff thank you all so much for the support its nice knowing there are people out there who care x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mara86 For This Useful Post:

pilbarablossom  (25-08-2013)