+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default random question...

Your DH is on a Buck's weekend. Strippers. Booze. Golf. Friday-Sunday night.
    You are home alone with the kids.

What would you do for your own enjoyment ??

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Girlie movies, eat any food that he doesn't really like (I make spanish potato tortilla)....all that sort of thing.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Watch whatever I wanted, eat whatever I wanted and plan my own weekend away :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Stay up late watching all sorts of trash on foxtel. Buy a bottle of REALLY expensive champagne on his amex. Sneak cigarettes once DD is asleep. Sleep on the couch. Go out for breakfast on his amex. Go shopping on his amex. Go for lunch on his amex. Get a facial on his ... ok you get the picture!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (23-08-2013),callmedragon22  (23-08-2013),JustUs3  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Df and ds1 are away tonight so it's just ds2 and I.

We had dinner followed by popcorn, hot chocolate and a movie. He's in bed now so I'm on here (obviously) and will just munch my way through some chocolate and watch whatever *I* want to watch on TV.

Pretty much just chill and go at my own pace.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girly movies or start watching a new TV series, block of chocolate, bottle of wine. Oh and takeaway! Possibly get the kids babysat and head out for a night out if possible? And a looooong bubble bath!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

siennasyummymummyxxx  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    Stay up late watching all sorts of trash on foxtel. Buy a bottle of REALLY expensive champagne on his amex. Sneak cigarettes once DD is asleep. Sleep on the couch. Go out for breakfast on his amex. Go shopping on his amex. Go for lunch on his amex. Get a facial on his ... ok you get the picture!
    Scrap my ideas, THIS is much better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Girlie movies, eat any food that he doesn't really like (I make spanish potato tortilla)....all that sort of thing.
    Recipe please, that sounds delish!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Just*Ace View Post
    Recipe please, that sounds delish!
    Here is the recipe - it looks really long but is not hard to make.

Ingredients:

• 6-7 medium potatoes, peeled
    • 1 whole yellow onion
    • 5-6 large eggs
    • 2-3 cups of olive oil for pan frying
    • Salt to taste
    Preparation:

This tortilla espanola or tortilla de patata makes 8-10 servings as an appetizer, or 6 servings as a main course.
    Note: If you've never prepared a Spanish omelet and prefer a step-by-step style recipe with photos:Cut the peeled potatoes in half lengthwise. Then, with the flat side on the cutting surface, slice the potato in pieces approximately 1/8" thick. If you slice them a bit thick, don’t worry – it will simply take a bit longer for them to cook.
    Peel and chop the onion into 1/4" pieces. Put potatoes and onions into a bowl and mix them together. Salt the mixture.
    In a large, heavy, non-stick frying pan, heat the olive oil on medium high heat. Carefully place the potato and onion mixture into the frying pan, spreading them evenly over the surface. The oil should almost cover the potatoes. You may need to turn down the heat slightly, so the potatoes do not burn.
    Leave in pan until the potatoes are cooked. If you can poke a piece of potato with a spatula and it easily breaks in two, your potatoes are done. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon or spatula and allow oil to drain.
    Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat by hand with a whisk or fork. Pour in the potato onion mixture. Mix together with a large spoon.
    Pour 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil into a small, non-stick frying pan (aprox. 9-10”) and heat on medium heat. Be careful not to get the pan too hot because the oil will burn - or the tortilla will! When hot, stir the potato onion mixture once more and “pour” into the pan and spread out evenly. Allow the egg to cook around the edges. Then you can carefully lift up one side of the omelet to check if the egg has slightly “browned.” The inside of the mixture should not be completely cooked and the egg will still be runny.
    When the mixture has browned on the bottom, you are ready to turn it over to cook the other side. Take the frying pan to a sink. Place a large dinner plate (12”) upside down over the frying pan. With one hand on the frying pan handle and the other on top of the plate to hold it steady, quickly turn the frying pan over and the omelet will “fall” onto the plate. Place the frying pan back on the range and put just enough oil to cover the bottom and sides of the pan. Let the pan warm for 30 seconds or so. Now slide the omelet into the frying pan. Use the spatula to shape the sides of the omelet. Let the omelet cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn the heat off and let the tortilla sit in the pan for 2 minutes.
    Slide the omelet onto a plate to serve. If eating as a main course, cut the omelet into 6-8 pieces like a pie. Serve sliced French bread on the side.
    If you are serving as an appetizer, slice a baguette into pieces about 1/2 inch think. Cut thetortilla into 1.5” squares and place a piece on top of each slice of bread.

It is simply delicious served with sofrito, fried tomato sauce that is made all over Spain. Tomatoes, onions, garlic, green peppers and olive oil sautéed in a frying pan.
    BTW, make sure you season the potato well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Just*Ace  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Get drunk and watch The Notebook... and cry like you've never cried before. (after the kids are in bed, of course!).

Or... get drunk and youtube karaoke videos. Just make sure the kid's bedrooms are shut. I did this once and DD awoke... came out rubbing her eyes saying, "I think there's a cat screaming outside..." "Um... yeah... I'll go shoo that cat away..." *shifty eyes*

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

B00ts  (23-08-2013),Zombie_eyes  (23-08-2013)