+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hcg Levels HELP!!!

So I went and saw my doc on Monday (according to LMP 5weeks) had bloods done and everything then she rang me last night saying they aren't high enough they are more like 4weeks. Was 130 btw.
    I'm freaking myself out here I keep reading lots of things and thinking the worst.
    I've only been off the pill a few months my first cycle was 32 days and the second 29 so I assumed the next one (that I just missed because of BFP) would of been 29 because that's what I was before I went on BC.
    I calculated ovulation at july 29th (going off a 29day cycle) but hubby and I didn't actually start trying until august. So I kinda assumed it would have been later then first thought but still panicking!
    I did test on the day AF was expected to be due and got a negative took until 3days later to get a faint positive.
    I had another blood test today but won't get my results until she rings me tomorrow. So I guess I'm just hoping someone can calm me down for now.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do you know what date you first saw a light line on pregnancy test? Do you remember the dates you had sex in July and August?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazza78 View Post
    Do you know what date you first saw a light line on pregnancy test? Do you remember the dates you had sex in July and August?
    It was Thursday 15th when I got a faint positive did one again on the Friday and it did come up darker. Got the negative on Monday 12th. We used protection until Aug 1st when we officially started trying. ( I wasn't planning on conceiving this cycle as I just started a new job but over the moon non the less) Also did BD on 3rd and 4th August.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so if you ovulated on 5th aug then that works out perfectly. There is no way you would have o'd on 29th. Sounds promising. Congrats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dating scan showed bub to be a week younger than I thought I was going off LMP.
    I wouldn't be worried about a weeks difference at this stage as it really hard to tell when you actually implant.
    You've bd'd at the right time if you o'd on the 5th as Kazza had said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies
    Its my first time if you can't tell?! Lol I've got a friend who's currently 12 weeks and she had no blood tests and hasn't researched anything she's just cruising along totally ignorant to everything. Now I'm thinking she's got a smart idea lol I just found a calculator and worked out if it was a 32 days cycle then o day would of been 1st aug. geeze I dunno I was just a bit worried by the number just because the doctor sounded a little worried in her voice. I have my first OB appt in 2weeks so I'm sure he will do a scan then

Thanks
    Reviews
    He will do one for sure. You will get one every time you have an appointment, it's a perk of going private

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesK View Post
    He will do one for sure. You will get one every time you have an appointment, it's a perk of going private
    I wouldn't go any other way. My husband thinks its a bit of a waste of money on private health but I'm a big believer in it. I come from a family of paramedics and nurses and I'm in health care too. I had a friend who went public with both her boys and with her second had to have a c section and was in a room with 4 other women and had the lady in the bed next to her's visitors opening up her curtains to sit on her bed. She had their toddlers running around in her section and one husband even stopped my friend from going to the bathroom because his wife apparently deserved to go first. I feel awkward visiting people who are in shared rooms I couldn't stay in one myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in total agreeance, I wouldn't have it any other way either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even if you are 5 weeks, 130 is in the normal range for that time frame so don't even stress. The level itself doesn't matter, just the doubling time.

Congratulations!!! Good luck for your ob appointment xx