+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default *spinoff of a spinoff* confessions of an average partner

Seen as the confessions of an average parent thread was so hilarious, I'd love to see people's confessions of being an average (or sh!t!) Partner.

When I'm making dh toasted sandwiches I never put butter on them even though that's how he likes them because I'm just too lazy.

Through winter to try and save money I told him if he slept on the lounge he couldnt have the air con on because I have the heater on in the bedroom.

I continously kick him out of bed for snoring.

English is his second language so I laugh at some of the things he's come out with.. shoes with wheels = rollerblades, a flat tree = vine.

This is probably my worst... Dh has an acquired brain injury and can be a bit of a sensitive soul sometimes and gets easily offended. I have often laughed at him for the things he gets offended by which only makes him madder! And when he was in early recovery stages and gaining his hand eye coordination back I nearly killed myself laughing watching him try and fail miserably to squish ants with the tip of an umbrella.

No judging!!!!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (23-08-2013),Bunny Lover  (23-08-2013),FirstTimeMummy2012  (23-08-2013),SimplyMum  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    I continously kick him out of bed for snoring.

English is his second language so I laugh at some of the things he's come out with.. shoes with wheels = rollerblades, a flat tree = vine.
    Oh I could of wrote this haha. Although I the one who ends up sleeping on the couch because if his snoring is real bad, it doesn't matter how much I kick him or wake him up he won't actually stop or wake up.

My DF second language is also English. I **** myself laughing when he says a word in the wrong context (which happens frequently when we are arguing and he tries to sound really smart - epic fail). I just sit there and repeat the word as a question over and over until he tells me to shut up. Then I hide his phone so he is google-less and ask him what the word means :P

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mishh For This Useful Post:

#Mama  (26-08-2013),SimplyMum  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahahaha. Ah that is so funny.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs t if you go to res sleep at mount gravatt you can get a bulk billed sleep study done. My husband turned out to have severe sleep apnoea and is a different man since getting it treated.

I just spent 2 months in Fiji btw and they all laughed at my Fijian!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

Kymetcalf  (23-08-2013),peanutmonkey  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow thank you!!! Does he need a referral?

Yep mil laughs at my Fijian all the time, then tells her friends how funny it is when I say stuff. Its like you make me do ot then laugh at me, then joke with your friends about it?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH snores also; when i punched him to wake him up i had a bit too much force and really bad aim and ended up breaking his nose...oops, he now has a crooked nose

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bearbug For This Useful Post:

CleverClogs  (17-11-2013),JR03  (23-08-2013),Mmumm  (08-10-2013),mrstuilawa  (23-08-2013),singlemumma82  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We game together and I regularly mess around with him which results in him dying and losing weeks worth of work. He then did it to me and got to s.e.x for a week........

I have been known to play my pregnancy/sickness symptoms way worse than what they are so he feels guilty or does stuff for me eg change nappies, let me sleep.

He had some really awful clothes from before we were together and I donated them......he went looking for something the other day and couldn't figure out where it went.

On our poorer weeks I tell him we need to be careful with our money and he only has a small amount to spend which allows me to have a large amount to spend....

DH doesn't have a fantastic memory and he will tell me something that he has committed us to do or buy and if i dont remind him he won't remember and we don't have to do it......I did this with a persons wedding who I despised and was really horrible to me when me and DH first were together.....we missed the wedding.

This actually makes me sound like a horrid sneaky person haha......but I do buy his undies for him because he forgets he his are breaking....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mummtime101 For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (16-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I buy takeaway for lunch so that I don't feel as guilty for having it, then throw the bag so he never knew it happened.

I hide chocolate. He found my block with one square left the other day and went spare

I'm sure there's more but ill try pretend I'm not a bish

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

callmedragon22  (23-08-2013),mummtime101  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stay at home being pregnant most days as I'm a uni student with a timetable that doesn't suit family life, so I don't go to half my lectures. Instead, I spend all day on my phone and leap up and do housework about an hour before he gets home. I watch him on the 'find my friends' app so he can't sneak up on me and catch me relaxing.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Marepoppin For This Useful Post:

trustno1  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I "accidently" forget to turn the motion sensor baby monitor off when feeding DS in the middle of the night when I am mad at DH for never waking or helping out during night feeds so he wakes up in a panic lol

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to gumnutbaby For This Useful Post:

#Mama  (26-08-2013),bel2466  (08-10-2013),callmedragon22  (23-08-2013),DaenerysT  (16-11-2013),Ellymoe  (24-08-2013),LaDiDah  (23-08-2013),Lulu56  (26-08-2013),Mathermy  (23-08-2013),Mmumm  (08-10-2013),MrsSS  (23-08-2013),mummtime101  (23-08-2013),SAgirl  (23-08-2013),Stretched  (23-08-2013),threechooks  (23-08-2013)