+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Twin birthday party etiquette

DS (9) started a new school this year.

He just got a party invite from a kid he has become friends with and there are 2 names on it (i.e. come to john and jackie's party)...after a bit of digging we figured out his friend has a twin (he had no idea lol).

So, when i RSVP...do i say "DS would love to come to John's party"...and do i take both kids a present??

The only other twin party he went to he was good friends with both kids so it was an easy thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Big present for John, small token gift for Jackie. ( like a bangle or something small)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would mention both kids names and get them both a gift. Fair enough if you wanted to get the one he is friends with something bigger though, but I'd probably spend the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it was me, I would think 2 presents one for each. If it seems excessive just 2 smaller presents than you'd normally get for a birthday present.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would get two presents one for each and if you want split the cost you would normally spend on one present for an only child across both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have friends with twins,and have often done joint parties for my kids as they are a day apart.My rule is twins= 2 lesser value pressies,one for each or something they can share.My kids birthdays,same rule applies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hmmm, being the new mum/kid at the school is hard lol

I am sure if I had known them a few years I would know more what to do.

The sister is in a different class...so DS really does not know her.

I hope I did not offend when I only invited "John" to DS's party...totally oblivious to the twin!

I might check with one the other mums what the deal normally is.

I would prefer fewer, better gifts...than heaps of small crappy ones....does that make sense? But, if the kids have all been at school together for 4 years...they all prob know both of the twins well!

rsvp via text message has been requested...should I acknowledge i had no idea John had a twin lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about one present that they can share? I know that can sometimes be a bit of a no-no out of respect for their individuality, but it might just be perfect for this situation - they'd get a decent present that they could both use, or use together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd be happy enough just getting a present for whichever twin was the friend to be honest. But if it makes you feel uncomfortable, then a token gift sounds nice too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Growing up I never expected gifts from my brother's friends and he never expected anything from mine.

DS went to a twin party a couple of years ago but he knew both of them so I sent him with something for each of them. Given that your chold doesn't know the other twin I'd be inclined to just send a small token gift.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app