+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well above average. My mum is truly the most incredible person I have ever known.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nah mine were/are pretty cool. My dad seemed cool as far as I can remember, EVERYone always says how awesome he was and how much they miss him, so I guess it must be true!

My mum is kinda prim and proper, doesn't swear/drink/smoke, we had NO junkfood as kids, cooks fancy meals from scratch, is crafty etc. Yeah she doesn't do much that would be considered 'average'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Yup! Dont get me wrobg, I love my parents more than anything but dad ALWAYS worked and lord help us if we tried to talk to him when he was watching the news or sport on tv!

Mum was a SAHM until I was 12 (im the youngest) and she used to spend the day watching daytime tv all day LOL. She never did parent helper or tuckshop duty

Honestly, I dont really remember my parents ever really playing with us. So I want that to be different for my kids.

ETA: I dont have any sadness about my childhood etc. We went on big family holidays and we were pretty spoilt etc. But it was pretty clear my brother came first, he always played sports after school etc, I didn't cos there was never time.

Im extremely close to my mum now though and have a great relationship with my dad too. I love them, and my step mum and dad dearly.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by peanutmonkey; 22-08-2013 at 21:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    Dad is as straight as an arrow. Doesnt drink, has never smoked. He is super smart.
    Mum was/is a superhero. She can do anything.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub
    Same here. My parents never did half the **** I do as a mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Superhuman, my Dad worked 14 hour days but still made time for us. My Mum ran a million dollar business but was still there whenever we needed her and had the house running like clockwork nothing and no one was ever forgotten even a couple of friends who didn't have the best home life would have a meal and place set for them at the table each night.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My parents were and are very hard workers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dad worked dawn to dusk, he drank heavily a lot of the time.
    Mum never drank ever. They both smoked.
    Mum became the bread winner after dads accident, he was never able to go back to work. We didn't get many new things, always hand me downs or we would go without. We were sort of known as the poor family at school. Both parents were quite involved with our sports which was great. Mum was an amazing mother whom I was very close too and she got taken way before her time. They did the best they could I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum is an alcoholic. I think she tried really hard when I was younger but when I got to about 11 she gave up on me and only focused on my brother. He has asperges though, so that was her excuse. I no longer have anything to do with her. The best thing she did for me was show me what NOT to do. Cheers, mum.

Dad, well he's dad. I love him so so so much. He works his butt off, even now, but since I was about 11 (yeah, he noticed about mum, too) he really stepped up in the parenting. I love that my boys are now forming their own great relationship with him. I'd be lost without my dad.

So mum was average to below average.

Dad is the absolute best! Above and beyond average

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cant remember much,had a pretty rocky childhood.But from what I remember,Dad was the breadwinner,Mum stayed home...she is SO much like what I am now...once they divorced I stuck with Mum.She was always on the **** but struggled as a single Mum,would go without food to feed us,made us help rip up carpet,and chisel off wallpaper to redecorate,would make us amazing cakes for our bdays.We never went without.Love my Mama shes one tough chicky,made some mistakes but has stepped up to the plate ever since I got preg at 21,and hasn't ever backed down which is more than I can say for my father.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents are amazing. Both worked (mum still does), and at the moment my dad cares for DD while I'm at work.

They struggled for money but saved up hard and took us overseas, despite everyone telling them to leave us at home and they should just go.

When I'm on nightshirt my dad will sleep on a foam mattress outside DDs room.

They have my back 100%. Better yet they raised 3 overweight daughters to have no body hang ups. That's a real skill and one I hope to hand onto my DD.