+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default **spin off** were your parents "average"?

I love the average parent thread...made me giggle and feel a whole lot better about myself.

But it made me wonder...were your parents average??

I am trying to think...my dad was pretty dodge (he once got my sister to take a picture of him posing with a whole heap of beer bottles and pretending to be passed out because one of my mums complaints when she left was that he was an alcoholic).

Mum...well, I was cooking the family meal from when I started high school...had to do own ironing etc...but i don't remember her being as average as i am rofl

so...how about your mum and dad...average or super human?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Super human. Both high-school teachers, with a beach house for holidays, private school, amazing food, individual fashions from the sewing machine ... super human. I miss them!

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    They both were (and still are) superhuman lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Both are amazing in different ways and both are far from average.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Dad is as straight as an arrow. Doesnt drink, has never smoked. He is super smart.
    Mum was/is a superhero. She can do anything.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    my dad worked , came home, said hello ,ate ,showered and went to bed we only ever really spent time with him on holidays that he had off work.

My mum errr how to explain..... Did nothing. She would get us to cook an clean. And we entertained ourselves.

Only times we actually spent together was every couple years we went camping for a few nights.

My childhood was full of fighting and sitting outside not necessarily playing just not wanting to be around the folks fighting.

Can I answer with below average ?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My mum was pretty perfect. If anything a bit too much so it was sometimes a bit robotic. But the house was flawless, she cooked for us, she never just let us do whatever, she was pretty good really.

Dad worked full time. Always did family things together but he kind of ruined them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dad is a super hero. I'm truly blessed to have him.

As for my mother, well, she should never have had kids. She spent most of my childhood telling me how horrible I was and that she.never really wanted kids.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Average but they have changed.

Mum was an alcoholic (by her admission) and we would often have scrambled eggs for dinner as we couldn't afford anything else, yet they would have booze and smokes.

I did my own washing/ironing from about 8-9. I walked to school (crossing main roads) from year 1. When we moved further away, they would forget to pick me up.

Mum gave me my first drink, but adding vodka to my lemonade without my knowledge, at 12.

They told me when I was 17 they were building a new house, without room for me.

But they are and always have been very loving and done what they thought was best at the time and I love them for it. They no longer smoke and my mum doesn't drink. But they have given me some pointers for what I don't want to do as a parent

Thanks
    Reviews
    They had their strengths and weaknesses but overall they were pretty great.