+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Both boys were born in May but as we are in QLD it gets warm from about September and our house is a hotbox, so what I did-

On particularly hot days I'd dampen a wrap and wrap ds2 in it. It would be the only way to get him to sleep during hot days sometimes.

When bf, I'd put clothing or a wrap between myself and bub. It gets too sweaty if it's skin to skin.

Nappy free as much as possible. Maybe just a singlet.

A nice shower with df or I

A trip in the car (air con!) to nowhere in particular.

Go to the shops, just because it's cool inside.

I'll keep thinking and try and post more

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

Sunshinebell  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We live in the tropics, babies just adapt to the heat I think. We never made a fuss about it. We often just had a fan on because the air con would make them sniffly.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    I'm in perth and had a feb baby.

If its really hot camp out in the lounge with the aircon.
    I was so tired for work the first summer as I was so uncomfy tossing all night, second summer I did camp out in lounge!!!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a November baby and we used an Ergococoon instead of wrapping. It kept him swaddled but was only a single layer, and only required a zip to do up. I used to spend ages wrapping, only to have it fall apart as soon as I placed the baby in the cot.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to abibelsmum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lovelys.
    .... I just started thinking about this the last month and lately its started worrying me.

Would you believe this is the only thing so far I'm really worried about. And I kept thinking will bub overheat. Your responses are really reassuring and appreciated

Wish Santa would bring me fully ducted air con!

Last edited by Sunshinebell; 22-08-2013 at 22:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by abibelsmum View Post
    I had a November baby and we used an Ergococoon instead of wrapping. It kept him swaddled but was only a single layer, and only required a zip to do up. I used to spend ages wrapping, only to have it fall apart as soon as I placed the baby in the cot.
    I bought a ergocoon last week and wondered if id actually use it or will it still be to hot. It said specifically for tropical heat.

So you think keep it. I was nearly going to return it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    My DD was born mid January this year in Qld. We have air con and usually had it on during the day, but turned it off a few times a week and at night and slept with windows open so she wouldn't get too stuffy. I'd recommend getting a nose frida nasal aspirator, bubs got quite stuffy with the air con (not only at home, it was on everywhere we went) and the bulb aspirators were useless, nose frida was a god send.

When the air con was on I dressed her in short or long sleeve onesies (long sleeve when she wanted her arms out) and wrapped in a muslin wrap, sometimes added socks if her feet seemed cold. When air con was off it was singlets and nappies only (I found best and less singlets better than target as my bub was on the bigger side and best and less were looser fitting so more comfy in the heat), but still wrapped in muslin when sleeping. I had an emergency c section so stayed in hospital for 5 nights and it was constantly air con and surprisingly cold so it's a good idea to have a couple of cotton sleep suits (long arms and legs) and one thicker blanket just in case.

Mmm that's all I can think of right now. I totally get the concern as I'm a winter person and was worried about having a baby smack bang in the middle of summer but it was fine and bub made it through happily sleeping the day and night away. You'll be fine good luck!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD and I used to lie on the unmade bed on the cotton sheet with the ceiling fan on, her with nappy, singlet and a light wrap over her and me with a breastfeeding singlet and undies, and feed and have a nap.

Buy yourself a really good insulated water bottle so you can have cool water wherever you go and drink, drink, drink.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved mine and wished it had been around for my first 2 kids. When he outgrew the first one we bought another. His room has a fan, which also helped. But with all the newborn nappy changes at night I just loved how easy it was to use.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to abibelsmum For This Useful Post:

Becks23 is offline thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing 😃