+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pregnancy after mirena removal

Hi there, just wondering how long after removal of the mirena did you get pregnant? And did any of you have a miscarriage the first time u conceived after removal? Just as I've read a few comments saying this happened just wanting to get an idea.

TIA

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It took 8 months but dh was away during my fertile period each month until then. No miscarriage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that

Thanks
    Reviews
    6 months after removal but we wernt wanting another baby now removed mirena for the side effects. Im 22 weeks pregnant now with a healthy baby boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 2 kids very easily then had the mirena. Had it removed and it took 2 years and 3 losses before falling pregnant again.
    Had a mirena again, had it removed and we are now up to 20 months and 6 more losses.
    Coincidence? Who knows? But, I will never recommend the mirena to anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It took awhile after having the mirena removed, 18 months. But I naturally conceived twins.

mel04- I've not had losses, but usually I fall pregnant pretty quickly. The first time within 3 months - the second time (after mirena) took 18 months. And then I had a one time whoopsie and we conceived - which was just unbelievable to us at the time - considering how long it took to conceive the twins.

I have also been pregnant before, which literally occurred due to condom failure, I too the morning after pill and vomited profusely 13 hours after taking it, was assured by the doctor there was no way I could be pregnant - but was.

So yeah- usually conceiving isn't an issue - except that one time after the mirena...hmmmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting to hear people's stories! I'm a health professional myself so have read all the literature saying its ok- but like to hear the 'reality' stories too!!! It's coming out in two weeks. Just was hoping to start trying in November but am thinking maybe I just start from when its out incase it takes a while?!? Oh I don't know now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone else??

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes I had the Mirena taken out 3 days after we dtd and I fell pregnant (hubby was away so no way it happened after it was taken out) ended in MC. I had another MC after that and we used withdrawal until hubby had a vasectomy.

I've never had a MC before the mirena. 4 healthy pregnancies and 1 chemical pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my mirena taken out in August last year. Had one cycle then my bfp 19th October. My healthy big boy was born 9 days overdue weighing a massive 10lb6oz and is now nearly 8 weeks old. I won't be getting the mirena back in due to the side effects. It was so easy for us to fall. And it was my 4th baby.
    Hope that helps. Good luck with ttc.