+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Just had to duck in comment that everytime I see this heading I read "motherfunker ladies".

As you were

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (19-12-2013),LaDiDah  (24-11-2014),Nomia  (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Just had to duck in comment that everytime I see this heading I read "motherfunker ladies".

As you were
    Me too!! Lol!!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sethysmum For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (19-12-2013),Nomia  (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    [QUOTE=hummingbird1;7594431]Thanks for that. Is this form of folate ur talking about called "folinic acid"? I saw a naturopath who only sees fertility patients and treats alot of ppl with mthfr. She said this is the form i needed with a1298c variation. She said she has alot of patients with it and "folinic acid" is how she treats it. She explained how folinic acid is different to normal folic acid I didnt really understand tho. She said it was the 'active' form of folic acid. She also said u cant buy it in shops or online and that it is a practioner only product. Does that sound right to you?

If its doesn't have methylfolate in it its not good. They only proscribe folinic acid because its the only thing in aus they can get in aus its like $90 for 5 pills. Ill give you some links for the correct supplements when I get home. The

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pprom.mama For This Useful Post:

hummingbird1  (19-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi rainbow2015. Can you tell me what vitamins you were on for fertility with compound hetro mthfr My ivf doc put me on folic acid 5mg but everything I read says its not good. Im so so confused.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lebails For This Useful Post:

Pprom.mama  (02-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebails View Post
    Hi rainbow2015. Can you tell me what vitamins you were on for fertility with compound hetro mthfr My ivf doc put me on folic acid 5mg but everything I read says its not good. Im so so confused.
    Hi , please do not take the folic acid. it makes me so mad as they don't bother doing research into this and they think because we can't absorb folic acid the best thing is to give us more....which causes more issues. I order all my stuff from the USA from a website called iherb. I'll post pictures of the bottle that u take it has most of what you need. Our bodies can't use normal b12 and b6 that's in the shops and this one has the b12 and b6 in it.

You will notice so much of a difference once you start taking this stuff.

Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    The stuff that I take is what we can use its an "active form" see our bodies can't break down folic acid into L-methyfolate and these tablets are L-methyfolate so it's ready to use for us. don't listen to your Dr when he says to take folic acid you will end up will big health issues and because we can't break down folic acid ect we store it and we can end up with blood cots and it's a build up of heavy metals in our system. imagine your body as a clock once you give us folic acid it jams the clock and our bodies can't dispose heavy metals from our system and we are unable to detox.

Our babies can be a risk to birth defects or still birth if the right supplements aren't taken. I'm on asprin and clexane injections too for my pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rainbow,

I cant believe I missed your message. Thank you for replying. I am still being told to take folic acid by my doc but I have not bought it yet as I still feel a bit uneasy about it. May I ask who did you talk to to get this information and to know what to take?
    Sorry just a couple more questions. I had a look at that pic you uploaded and went to t hey website. The ingredients on the back only say folate and B6. Where do you get your B12 from?
    Also there is 3mg of Folate, my doc said I needed 5? Do you if it makes much of a difference. I guess I could take extra each day.

Thank you so much for your help. I have been so unsure and my husbands gets sick of me bringing it up. He just wants me to either listen to the docs or feel comfortable with my decision. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine says b12 on the back of the bottle. you can take 1-3 of them a day I take 2 usually but if I'm feeling run down I take 3. you have to start off slow so start with one a day and see how you feel and then start with the two. folic acid is synthetic and your body won't use it you will just end up really sick. There are lots of groups of line especially Facebook groups and they know their stuff and really get into it with IV transfusions ect. Most Dr's don't understand and can't be bothered researching MTHFR as its very complex. my ob was the same at first until he started reading because he changed his tune and I showed him the meds I was taking and he was happy and so was my body.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies I found you!
    I have been ttc for 3 and a half years and have recently been diagnosed as having homozygous c677t and dh was diagnosed as having compound hetro, our fs discovered this when he did a miscarriage investigation after our 3rd early miscarriage in the last 12 months. I have only been ovulating for a little over a year as I have hypothyroidism that was untreated.
    My FS told me that because both dh and I have the mutation that our miscarriage risk is 50% and has put me on megafol 5, I have just had another chemical preg and am worried it will happen again this month. Am I taking the right thing, is there anything else I can take or do? I am currently taking thyroxine, vit d, megafol, baby aspirin and elivit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    cinder with MTHFR you are unable to process folic acid so everything that you are on now such as elevit and megafol are doing more harm than good. You need to be on methyfolate which you can only get from the USA. I have compound heterozygous and my high risk ob isn't concerned about it as it can't really cause early losses Ita more associated with with stillbirth ect. hypothyroidism is most likely more of a risk than the generic mutation itself ad 50% of the population have at least one mutated gene unlike the compound hetro only about 7 or 10% of the population have that. Your husband should start taking the correct vitamins as he is more of a concern than your MTHFR as his is more severe. have a look at a site called I herb for L-methyfolate and their b 12 and b6 too ands you and your huh won't be able to process and use the ones you buy in the shops as they have to be in a certain form foe your body is use it, if you take what you acre taking now you will get Ill as it stores as a heavy metal in your system and you will get blood clots.