+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Waking and nightmares?

My DS is turning 2 soon. He weaned about 3mths ago. His cot is attached to our bed, no railing in between.

When he was younger every night he'd wake up. He cries before he actually wakes. We would pat him and he'd go back to sleep.

Lately he would wake up and cry uncontrollably. We have no idea what's wrong. We can't calm him down. If we pick him up he pushes us away. If we put him down he asks to be picked up. His words are normally muddled anyway but at night he won't tell us what's wrong or what he wants. He really screams.

Sometimes he gets down off the bed, goes out to the living room and cries while we're still in the bed. Then he comes back inside and cries more.

Generally it takes us 30min or so to calm him down. We never work out what's wrong if anything.

?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im no expert - but I do have a daughter with some rotten sleep issues. I know her nightmares are worse when she is too hot.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    It really sounds like a night terror to me? My 2 oldest DS' s have them.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I don't know... He's usually hot. Ever since he was 3mth he sleeps naked and no blankets and still sweats. Since 3mth ago he started wearing PJs, still sweats a little but he's just naturally hot. He uses the blanket a little sometimes, usually kicks it off anyway.

So what do we do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds like night terrors.

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.