+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If I was at home all day every day then yes I probably would find it boring but that's not the way it is. I love playing with the kids, happy to sit there for ages while the boys make me dinner or a cuppa with their pretend food from their pretend kitchen etc, love sitting there playing cars and dh is a big kid himself re collecting all the cars from the cars movies and now here come the planes from the Disney planes movie We are always out kicking the footy with them too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep it mostly bores me to bits.

I enjoy doing craft, drawing, colouring in ( strangely soothing) and hair salons. That's it. Everything else does my head in, especially DDs current fave, 'you be the kid and I'll be the mum.'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Lol teenie, do you get her to do your jobs then?

DS1 decided this evening he would pack the newly built shelves for me so I wouldn't have to. I think he should be me more often

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate it.. I mean I REALLY hate it. I'm a terrible mum because I hardly ever play with DS.
    I'll play for a few minutes and then I just can't do it anymore lol
    DH is a lot better than me when it comes to playing with DS. They'll play cars, build with their blocks etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No I HATE it.My kids make me play hot wheels "wow lets drive cars around and make noise yyaaaaaaY" or play picnics....have to sit down and eat their pretend food after they cook it...yay!!!!! BORING!
    I can deal with some footy kicks or a bit of handball....but ideally my funtime involves the beach....lying there reading a book while they build sandy sh!t. Bring on summer,,,,coz swimming is the only thing I can actually spend hours doing with my kids!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to *Chels* For This Useful Post:

PinkPopsicle  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I enjoy it but my DD is only 15 weeks so it's short lived and mostly involves me making silly sounds with my mouth/lips, biting her feet or getting her to hold something. Not too much imagination involved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am no good at imaginative play and get bored very easily when playing with 3yo DD. I find things like craft, cooking, playing games or playing outside more interesting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I have to admit I don't like playing but dh does. He plays bored games, cards, pc and ps3 games, he'll build Thomas train set and hotwheels car tracks and ramps and blocks and will play with the kids for hours. He'll spend ages at the park with them or he'll take them to a dirt track where they race his rc cars, he has soo much patience and is a good dad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Boring yes. Do I still do it hells yes cause I know what it's like to have a parent who never plays with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS 3 loves cars and pretending to be a teenage mutant ninja turtle, so he wants to play fight and I don't like it, but I go a long with it and be a turtle. 5 mins on, and I'm bored sh!tless.

If we play cars he has to choose the cars I have and we play on his play mat and pretend to drive to places the park, car wash etc etc, and I get bored, BUT I do it for my son and to engage with him. I feel guilty getting bored, but in 10-15 years, he'll be all grown up, so I want to make the most of it now.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app