+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yup. DS says 'Come on Mummy, let's play engines!!!' like its the most exciting thing in the world. I can only be Percy, never Thomas or any other character. I friggen hate Percy. I try hard to put on Percy's voice and come up with funny train scenarios but my interest usually fizzles out after about 5 minutes. Luckily I find that if I just get DS started with it then he'll keep playing it on his own once I slowly sneak away...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bitterpure For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-08-2013),Dreamer1  (22-08-2013),IncyWincy  (22-08-2013),RobinSparkles  (22-08-2013),Two Sweetpeas  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yeah I'm not keen on playing with. I like activities, like baking or occasionally crafting (though if I do craft I end up taking over it whoops) I'd prefer to take them out to the park to play. Also I find with two they play so much better together if I stay out of it, if I get involved then they both try to play with me and they get narky at each other.

I've fallen asleep face down on the car mat playing cars with jasper. That's how much fun it is.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I don't play with them as such but I do love going on outings with them and just hanging out with them. My oldest who is nearly 7 loves doing arts and crafts and I am so not into that kind of stuff. But I make sure she has the materials to indulge in her hobbies and I always love receiving her creations as gifts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Imaginative play yep for sure, I'm terrible at it Board games, crafts, play doh etc. is fine (cant wait till the kids are old enough for that type of stuff ). At least my lot will be pretty close in age so they can imaginative play together

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not into the imaginative play much either. I do enjoy doing craft and playing games/puzzles with DD. Thankfully DD doesn't seem to like the imaginative play stuff very much either. Or maybe she just gets sick of me not playing so doesn't ask any more. I really should try harder.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes. DH is the fun, playful parent, he loves it. I hate it, so I'm the boring responsible mean parent

I love going on outings etc with them and general hanging out. But yeah, play I hate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes OP. As bat $hit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's what I worry about! I don't have much imagination and I reckon I'll hate it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Yes OP. As bat $hit!
    Ditto!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't mind the rest - but Barbies make me shudder. I'm not allowed to play the way I want "no mum - this is the imaginary car over here!" or "that's not her shoes, these are her shoes". Give me strength. She's an only child so I do believe it's up to me to be her playmate, but anything but Barbies!