+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Fear of not going into labour

I'm 39+4 weeks and fear I'm not going to go into natural labour ( i know ive got time) If I don't do I will I need a C section?

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I doubt that you would need a C section if you went overdue. If it got to the point where you were WELL over 40 weeks and labour just did not occur spontaneously, they would most likey leave you be (considering both mum and bub were healthy) or maybe help things along with an induction. But if for whatever reason you did require a C section, I'm sure you would fine.
    Your baby will come- it's just nature!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I didn't go into labour. I was induced 3 times but none of it worked. At 42 weeks I was given a caesarean as a result.

In all honesty, there was no need for it. If I could do my time over, I would agree to daily testing. Hell, I'd agree to spend every minute in hospital getting various tests... but I wouldn't agree to a caesarean again purely because of dates. (I was 19, and kind of pressured into it).

A caesarean is not what I wanted either - it was the only thing I DIDN'T want. There was no evidence, other than a matter of dates, suggesting I needed to have the baby come out that point in time either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Irrational fear I know, ill avoid C at all costs

Thanks
    Reviews
    You've got another two weeks before induction would be appropriate. After they started the induction process they'd give you every chance possible

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know it's hard, getting to the end of the pregnancy, but it really depends on you and the baby as to the type of birth.

I wanted natural (water birth) and went into labour on my due date, and unfortunately still ended up with a c-section. Honestly, it was fine, the recovery was hard, but vaginal births can still lead to difficult recoveries as well.

Try not to worry too much, not much you can do about it now, and I'm sure you will be fine no matter what way you give birth! Good Luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't go into labour naturally (I was 6 days over at this stage and tried everything, I was scared too) but still gave birth naturally... They broke my waters whilst doing yet another stretch and sweep so that brought it along and I went straight into labour, 10 hours later baby was here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sadly have never gone into labor naturally.

1. Was 40 weeks they put gels in overnight nothing happened sent home , week later they did the gels again at 41 weeks again nothing happened , they put me on the drip to induce me , waters were broken he was born at 4.15 in the afternoon.

2. Was 37 weeks 2 days before xmas , doctor was concerned i would go into labor over xmas so he induced me , no gels just drip , gave birth at 4.10 in the afternoon.

3. 32 weeks went shopping for baby stuff sat down at kfc with hubby and my 2 boys did not feel hungry and the smell made me feel sick , felt gush of water thought id done a real oops and wet my self went to the toilets noticed it still flowing it had bleach smell . Got to hospital they stopped the labor and gave me shots for bubba's lungs and then was induced at 34 weeks due to infection in the waters. Born at 4.00 in the afternoon , 2.2kg told he would not scream , keep his own heat or bf/bottle feed alone but he came out screaming , kept his own body heat and could suck fine got him home at 35+6 days.

4. 35+6 weeks , sitting playing the ps3 and had urge to go to the toilet even though i went just couple mins before , felt gush again could smell bleach and noticed it clear not urine colored. Phoned the hospital they made me come in kept until easter sunday the next morning and was induced and yep again baby born at 4.20 in the afternoon.

So I would not get to worried they will prob try induce you first I have had all my babies naturally the last one they said if he did not come within a hour i was to have c-section I said to them no then told them i felt pressure they did not believe me and within 10 mins he fell out..... did not even push tried not to !