Closed Thread
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Tv is always on in our house. Kids don't always watch it, but it's on.
    Same, if they stare too much I'll turn it off but otherwise the noise is nice.

I bribe, especially at the shops
    My kids eat vegemite, I didn't realize some considered that a bad thing until I came here? Everything in moderation!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    Dd2 got her first iPod touch when she was 20 months old.
    Last night a lady I work with pretty well told me that I was a negligent parent because we are going to buy DD a Galaxy tab when she turns 5. Her head nearly exploded when I admitted that it was an upgrade from her current no-name tablet, and that she uses my old iphone as an ipod touch!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to risfaerie For This Useful Post:

beebs  (21-08-2013),FearlessLeader  (21-08-2013),steel magnolia  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had health insurance for years - but recently cancelled it, due to it being a complete rort - didn't even realise it was a thing until I read it on this thread. What a ridiculous thing to judge someone on

I hardly ever eat with the kids.

I bribe with food all the time.

TV stays on all day long on abc2 even if someone isn't watching it.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (22-08-2013),mummtime101  (21-08-2013),sunnyflower  (21-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS is obsessed with anything "electronic" and I'm sick of arguing with him over it only for DH to give in.

DD does not eat fruit or veg despite my every effort and I'm ready to give up.

We don't shower every night.

Nutragrain bars, chompies and choc chip muesli bars are eaten every day, they were supposed to be treats but sick of the whinging to have them so gave in.

Our house is only just kept clean enough (toilets, kitchen etc but shower could do with a pull through) but often is a pig sty with kids dumping clothes and toys and I give up and just walk over it.

Too much tv for sure.

Am so not in to playing with my kids at the moment, their behaviour and attitude at the moment is driving me insane and I'm just not liking playing with them. Until I read this thread I seemed to be the only one I knew that felt like this.

I'm sure there is more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    While I was typing my last post in this thread, the kids undid the pantry lock (flimsy plastic thing that needs replacing) and my youngest poured oats over the floor Seemed appropriate for this thread, off the internet now...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Two Sweetpeas For This Useful Post:

beebs  (21-08-2013),risfaerie  (21-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tonight I ordered pizza for dinner because I really CBF cooking.

DS occasionally goes to bed at a much later time on a school night than he should because I get distracted and lose track of the time.

He probably spends WAAAY more time on the Xbox, 3DS or tab than he probably should, but I allow it because I get some peace and quiet!

I rarely wash his hair, he has SPD and it's often more drama than it's worth. Luckily it doesn't get greasy or smelly yet at this age lol.

He stays in the car whilst I pay for petrol. I live in a small town so it takes two seconds to duck in and pay, park closest to the entrance, and have doors locked and keys in hand. Wouldn't do so on hot days, but don't see the problem in doing so whilst the weather is cold.

Occasionally I bribe him with treats just to be good in the shops.

I don't do housework nearly as much as I should....

Meh....judge me, I don't really care :P At the end of the day, although I'm not a 'perfect' parent, I know that regardless of my so-called faults my child never goes without, so that to me makes me a damn good parent
    Last edited by ~ElectricPink~; 21-08-2013 at 20:13.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Tv is always on, they dont always watch it..
    They are addicted to skylanders and I dont mind at all that they play it obsessively.
    They always eat in front of the tv.
    About half the time hubby and I eat later.
    They eat way to many packaged snacks given I have the thermy..
    If one of them pees in the bubble bath I dont refill it.
    Sometimes we have junkfood/takeout more than once a week..because we can.
    If I have just cleaned the house I will make up a reason they cant go outside to play to prevent them trampling black sand inside.
    I use the drier everyday..even in the middle of summer.
    I hate playing make believe games!

Erm that's enough..

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I thought it was ten second rule
    :
    We must be considered clean freaks in this house with only a 3 second rule

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (21-08-2013),SoThisIsLove  (21-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is too funny. We are pretty bad parents - for those here old enough to remember the tv show Roseanne? Dh & I are pretty much Dan & roseanne Connor, we torture or kids for our own enjoyment. Last week dh told ds (4) to
    Put the dogs anti bark collar on & bark like a dog, ds did of course & it was a crack up, he wanted to do it again. We prank our kids all the time wrap up fake presents, fill empty lemonade bottles with water, pretend to eat their Lolly bags from kids parties, dh makes ds put on dd dress & dance before he says he can play the game console, eat ice cream in front of them, the list goes on. Despite all this we have 2 really well adjusted kids! Lol.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Miados2007 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (21-08-2013),NewMrs  (22-08-2013),Niki24  (22-08-2013),RipperRita  (22-08-2013),SimplyMum  (22-08-2013),steel magnolia  (22-08-2013),tatia&shura  (01-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I leave DD in the car when paying for petrol or running into the post office.

DD gets

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast