Closed Thread
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Sometimes for "family bonding TV time," we watch An Idiot Abroad. DD LOVES it and thinks Karl Pilkington is hilarious (he is - but it's not exactly a kid's show).

She's watched so much Futurama that she can see about 2 seconds of the start of an episode and know which one it is and whether she likes it or not.

Some weeks I put her in after school care of day I'm not working... just so I can do whatever I want all day long, and not have to be at school by 2.30 to pick her up.

She currently has sheer pink Shellac on her nails. She's 8. (She's also got her own professional cleanser, day cream and night cream... but people tend to think that's less "OMG SEXUALISING!" than shellac).

If she asks what a swear word means... I tell her. She's heard them all... we swear all the time (she's not allowed to... but she hears us).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (21-08-2013),risfaerie  (21-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I am hopeless at playing with my kids. I find it boring and difficult to relate at this age (5&3) the baby is easy to play with. Once they start school, I find I can interact better.

To compensate for this, I take my kids out everyday morning and afternoon to the park, playground, play centre, catch up with friends etc. so I don't feel guilty about them entertaining themselves for a lot of the time we are home while I cook, clean etc.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (21-08-2013),NancyBlackett  (21-08-2013),risfaerie  (21-08-2013),SoThisIsLove  (21-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Oh yes I swear a lot. My son who is 2 can use the f word correctly and in context. His sisters taught him, as well as many others. When we're out and he says it I pretend he said "truck" but I don't think anyone believes me.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

mishh  (22-08-2013),veggiemama  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Leave DS in the car to pay for fuel

We eat takeaway once a week

The tv is always on kids channels so he can watch whenever he feels like it.

I've put him in the cot just to have a shower. When I came out he was bawling.

Eta: one of DS first 10 words was chippies
    Last edited by Mod-Zeddie; 21-08-2013 at 18:58.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (21-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I let my dd watch peppa pig and play games on my phone in bed next to me in the morning so I can sleep in longer.

I bribe her with chocolate and chuppa chups

She watches tv while she eats for most meals

XD

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (21-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loving this, I'm currently on here and my son has been calling out to get out of the bath for 20 mins! I'm coming mate is all I keep saying, nogood mama!! Hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Similar to Sonja,
    When we go over a bump in the car 2yo DS says "Oh Cheesus" and when playing with his toy cars the other day driving them over train tracks "Cheesus!"
    I think it's hilarious and have to stifle my laughter every time.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RobinSparkles For This Useful Post:

NewMrs  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I let DS have tomato sauce with most dinners, regardless of what it is because I know he will eat it. We just had apricot chicken with steamed rice and broccoli- yep sauce on his! I figure the sugar is discounted by him actually eating his dinner. I sometimes feed him (2.5) so that he will eat the bits of his meal I want him to. If he had his way, he'd have eaten plain rice with sauce for tea. Pretty much every Saturday and Sunday I wake up, take him to the toilet, make him some toast and put Monsters Inc on for him. Gives me an extra hour in bed.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

mishh  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinSparkles View Post

I really really hate playing toddler games and I just suck at it, feel so jealous of people who are naturally good with toddlers and kids.
    Me too!!! I am excellent at caring for kids but I'm no fun to play with haha

Awesome thread!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was feeling pretty crap about my parenting after DS screamed his way thru the supermarket today. Of course we ran into a friend whose children are always quiet and calm :/

Now I feel pretty normal again, thanks everyone.

I bribe DS with tiny teddies.

TV always on.

DS (2) is in control of YouTube

DD (1) misses out a lot cos I'm always chasing DS or mentally recovering from managing his behaviour.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Louy For This Useful Post:

AshleighMaree  (22-08-2013)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast