Closed Thread
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    We are at a loss too, I'm hoping she follows in DS's footsteps, he just chucked his at me and said I've had enough of these. Don't fancy my chances but I'll live in denial for now!
    Is there a toy she REALLY wants? My 3 1/2 year old niece had been begging for a Randall from Monsters Inc toy, so my sister bought it and told her she could have it when she threw her dummies in the bin. She showed her it every night before bed and asked if she wanted to throw her dummies out tonight and have Randall, and after about the 4th night she ditched the dummies for Randall! It's been about 3 weeks now and she sometimes steals her little brothers dummy but quickly takes it out when she gets caught because she knows Randall will be taken away if she has a dummy.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Is there a toy she REALLY wants? My 3 1/2 year old niece had been begging for a Randall from Monsters Inc toy, so my sister bought it and told her she could have it when she threw her dummies in the bin. She showed her it every night before bed and asked if she wanted to throw her dummies out tonight and have Randall, and after about the 4th night she ditched the dummies for Randall! It's been about 3 weeks now and she sometimes steals her little brothers dummy but quickly takes it out when she gets caught because she knows Randall will be taken away if she has a dummy.

Good luck!
    She wants everything at the moment, seriously hard work that girl but thank you it's definitely a strategy to try when she's a little more cooperative, maybe before Christmas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    • dropped a cellphone on DS's head shortly after his birth while trying to take a photo of him
    • supermarket-bought tiramisu dessert is ~ 1.5% alcohol, who knew? (he slept well that night)
    • I have entirely given up trying to prevent him from french kissing dogs - in fact, I stopped sterilising his bottles when he started doing that
    • I argued with DW for a while, quite loudly, about the safety of his bouncinette on the slope in our garden; a minute later he tipped it forwards and landed head-first on a brick (DW was quite good about that, actually, I think she was too worried about DS to give me h*ll about it)
    • I'll often encourage him to choose shorter books when it's time for bed, so story time will be over more quickly and I get to collapse (DW who is reading over my shoulder chipped in with 'I do that too')
    • despite being a foodie and really into cooking, often I'm so 'over it' in the evenings that I'll just microwave up some pre-prepared baby food sachets (in fact, when he's hungry, DS will now collect a few from the cupboard, pile them on his little table, and shout "MORE") ... I should buy shares in Rafferty's Garden
    • we took the approach of helping DS develop a broad pallette (& fewer food allergies) by introducing him to a wide range of foods very early ... now I'll feed him stuff as an experiment just to see if he'll eat it ... he eats rollmops, curry, and spinach as a result
    • I taught him to blow raspberries and pukana from a young age ... now he thinks it's okay to stick out his tongue and shout at people he likes ...
    • I utterly terrified him recently, by opening an umbrella ... I don't think he'd ever seen one before and ran out the room calling "mummy mummy mummy"; I called after him "do you want to hold the umbrella?" and he just shouted "nooooooooooo"

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to duncan_bayne For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (24-08-2013),Bunny Lover  (25-08-2013),HippyGirl85  (25-08-2013),steel magnolia  (24-08-2013),sweetseven  (25-08-2013),tatia&shura  (01-09-2013),TimeForWine  (27-08-2013),wobbleyhorse  (25-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For a good few years I honestly thought I loved DS morevthen DD as her behavior was so atrocious. I hated being around her, dreaded her waking from naps etc. In my defense she was so bad she damaged her vocal cords due to tantrums. Anyway she has now turned a corner and much easier. Now its DS doing my head in. I honestly considered counseling as it bothered me so much. Also if the school sick bay calls I take my time getting up there. Once I didn't get there for about 2 hours...turned out DD had broken her collarbone.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by CleverClogs; 24-08-2013 at 20:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I gave DS a taste of lemon yesterday just so I could be amused by him screwing up his face.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

bitterpure  (25-08-2013),Chunkydunks  (24-08-2013),FrothyFrog  (24-08-2013),JR03  (24-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My study / home office ... before DS:

7994267339_b2f7344d47_z.jpg

... and after DS:

IMG_20130824_200931.jpg

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to duncan_bayne For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (24-08-2013),delirium  (25-08-2013),Ellymoe  (24-08-2013),HippyGirl85  (25-08-2013),Jontu  (24-08-2013),MissMuppet  (24-08-2013),oozzle  (24-08-2013),Purple Lily  (25-08-2013),tatia&shura  (01-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Today I put my kids to bed at 6pm so that DH and I could have more alone time together. I dony know why but im feeling extreme guilt for telling my kids it was bedtime before it was.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

CleverClogs  (24-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    I threaten to throw the kids toys away if they don't pack them up and secretly hope they don't so I can get rid of some toys.
    Crucify her! Gosh I do this every day, I just get rid of them secretly. Dare ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duncan_bayne View Post
    My study / home office ... before DS:

Attachment 41180

... and after DS:

Attachment 41179
    How did you reach the keyboard from the beanbag? Skill!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    How did you reach the keyboard from the beanbag? Skill!
    Nah, mental telepathy

Seriously, the desk is set up as a standing workstation; after reading Sitting Down is Killing You I gave a standing station a try and found all sorts of benefits. Better posture, less lower back pain, higher energy levels ... all anecdotal evidence, to be sure, but I encourage you to give it a go.

You don't need a fancy (& expensive!) desk either, just pop down to Ikea with a tape measure and get one that fits you.