Closed Thread
Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a bad one. It happened today.

We were at our local major shopping centre and I was sitting at the cafe ( u know the ones in the middle of the mall) which has a free indoor playground right next to it so u can pretend to watch ur kids ( I do watch dd - I glance over regularly) and she came over to me and I gave her an apple.

She took a few bites out of it and it rolled across the dirty floor. I said to my friend " ill pretend I didnt see that" and dd picked it up and kept eating it

A few mins later said friends daughter dropped a few sultanas on the ground and she ran over and picked them up so her dd wouldnt eat them off the floor.

Im sure she thinks im feral now

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I almost ran DS over in my car. Literally. He was on a trike and I reversed out. I felt something get hit and thinking it was his car thing he had hired from toy library I b was like. .. excellent. I got and DH had seen b the whole thing . DS was on the bike which had been wedged under the car with him on it. Apparently DS was shouting out stop mummy, help daddy. DH didnt want to yell out in case I panicked and reversed more. When I got out DS was telling me I was a naughty mummy and yelling at me. I still didn't get it then DH told me what had happened. I freaked out totally and bawled my head off. It was a truly awful moment and just seconds from disaster.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    I try to do this! I put DS3 in his bouncer in front of the TV his big brothers are watching and he still wont stop crying unless I pick him up! Bah!

HAHAHAHAHA omg I think I just pee'd a little laughing at that!

One day when we were doing late night shopping and DH was buying shoes in city beach DS2 was at the point where he was about to breakdown into a full sensory meltdown and was hiding in his pram cos it was all too much for him... I picked up a monsters foot slipper and figured I'd try to make him giggle and head the meltdown off... so I stuxk the slipper under the hood of the pram in front of his face... omfg I have nevet heard him scream so loud it scared the beejeebus out of him, it took me 15 mins of tight cuddles and rubbing his back to get him to stop screaming at the top of his lungs and another hour to stop him sobbing. Talk about backfire, snd still to this day he refuses to enter that city beach cos "there monsters in there mummy, I fraid" - and I'll admit, I still giggle when I think about it.

Oh my god, I have tears in my eyes and am trying so hard not to laugh out loud because I am rocking DS to sleep but bahahaha that is just so funny!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gumnutbaby For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and in regards to the glueing barbies shoes on

I go one better

These babies dont even come off to begin with! All barbies should have them! I have literally tried to get them off and cant ( mayb for safety reasons so they cant choke)

1377174434260.jpg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ck2b View Post
    I almost ran DS over in my car. Literally. He was on a trike and I reversed out. I felt something get hit and thinking it was his car thing he had hired from toy library I b was like. .. excellent. I got and DH had seen b the whole thing . DS was on the bike which had been wedged under the car with him on it. Apparently DS was shouting out stop mummy, help daddy. DH didnt want to yell out in case I panicked and reversed more. When I got out DS was telling me I was a naughty mummy and yelling at me. I still didn't get it then DH told me what had happened. I freaked out totally and bawled my head off. It was a truly awful moment and just seconds from disaster.

Aw u poor thing that's do scary *hugs*

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Crumpet87 For This Useful Post:

CleverClogs  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ck2b View Post

Oh hun

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

CleverClogs  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I work on the weekend. Just one day of the weekend unless they're super stuck at work... Because DD is in school, this means I only really spend one day with her. Afternoons on non work days too... But really, just one actual full day.

Some people act like that's some horrible thing to do but the way I see it, it means we have money to actually do stuff when we do have time together.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think bribery is frowned upon as it doesn't teach them about adopting the behaviors you want 7nlessvthey get something out of it other thenbthe behavior itself. Like eating dinner should not be something to endure just to get a reward. Eating dinner is something you just do because it's good behavior. IYNWIM? In saying that. ...I'm always bribing my kids to eat dinner!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh, just this morning I bribed my 2 year old with a snake lolly (at 9am) in exchange for 5 minutes to pick at the cradle-cap bits in his hair... Loved every minute of picky goodness. He won't let me near his head now

Also ashamed to love the cold my newborn has as it gives me lots of juicy boogers to pick out of her nose. Some go on for inches I swear! Love how babies can't bat your hand away!

Im not the only one that loves 'picking' at their kids right!? Must be monkey heritage coming through :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    I let DS play on my phone/ipad. A lot! He is obsessed with you tube and could watch "kinder surprise unpacking" videos all day long. He gets really excited when they get to the chocolate part (which to my horror gets put on the bench and not eaten?? What a waste!)
    I had to quote this because my kids are obsessed with those kinder surprise videos too! And it seems like no matter what kids video they start on, they always end up on a kinder surprise video.....all kids videos lead to kinder surprise I think.

My son watched youtube on my iphone for an hour this afternoon while I tried to doze, started off on Thomas ended on kinder surprise I think when my phone died.