Closed Thread
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS2 is currently unpacking my Tupperware cupboard. Meh, easier to clean up once he's in bed than argue with him now. Besides which my chair is soooo comfy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know what this thread is an awesome example of? 'Pick your argument'

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-08-2013),meljemillie  (22-08-2013),singlemumma82  (22-08-2013)

strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I will pick up food off the floor and give it back to dd to eat much to my mil's horror.

My dd loves escaping out the cat flap. This morning every time I bought her back inside she just went right back out so I rugged her up and let her run around the back yard just so I could get ready for work. I did check on her very regularly.

I have no intention of trying to wean her from her formula bottles yet.

She has dummies. Lots of them.

She loves lightly sparkling mineral water, she sips from anyone's cup who has some.

She ate ice cream before she was one. She stole a drumstick from my mil and that was it. I have cute photos of her with ice cream face.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    More: DS always wants to play games on my phone but I want to lurk on here and Facebook so he doesn't get to
    SDS (8) is a sensitive soul and doesn't take jokes that well. Regardless, his dad and I play jokes to 'toughen him up' (DFs idea, not mine). He really didn't like the name we picked for a girl baby so we started calling him by the name so he would 'get used to it'. Ended in tears. Hilarious. We told him that our house was so small the baby would have to sleep in his room and he'd have to bring him to me for feeds and also change his nappy as the baby 'belongs to the whole family and everyone has to do their part'. Also hilarious. Don't think we've done any lasting damage but some kids take themselves so seriously! It's our job as parents to lighten them up I reckon
    This had me in hysterics - the bit about everyone 'doing their part' especially.

DH is constantly telling DS he has to do chores around the house and 'start pulling his weight'. DS isn't even 3 yet. Most of the time he just looks at DH blankly but occasionally he'll actually have a go. Like DH will say 'Right DS, your turn to cook dinner tonight!' and DS will reluctantly wander off into the kitchen to start pulling out pots and pans and packets of pasta. DH reckons it's good for him to learn to be 'independent'...

I use bribery and blatant lies to get DS to co-operate. I especially use the iPad as a bribery tool... a lot. If we're at the park and it's too cold and I want to go home I'll whisper in DS' ear 'If we leave now you can play with the iPad when you get home!' I then cringe when DS loudly announces to everyone 'OKAY LET'S GO GET THE IPAD!!!!' The problem is that it has backfired a bit and DS started wanting to play with it all the time. So now if I don't want him to play with it at some particular time I just tell him 'It's charging'. He now thinks it can take 2-3 days (often longer) for the iPad to charge up... I dread the day that some other kid tells him otherwise.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bitterpure For This Useful Post:

Bunny Lover  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I have so many especially being pregnant and too exhausted to care about anything lately.

I left the kids in the car this morning while I ran across to the bakery to buy DD a cheese and bacon roll for kindy lunch because I was too lazy to go to the shops and by bread yesterday.

Our fridge is constantly empty and we eat way too much take away because grocery shopping is way too hard.

I sat down with a mini milky way and my 17 month old knew exactly what it was from the sound of the packet rustling. She dropped her toy so quick and ran over to investigate. I felt bad and gave her a bit to keep her quiet even though she refused to eat her salmon and avocado sandwich for lunch.

My dining table is usually piled so high with clean washing but my mum spent over an hour yesterday folding it. Soo glad to see I'm not the only one who can't keep up with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have loooottsss:
    - We are big believers in DD eating and being offered all kinds of food so that includes 'bad' foods - sugar, take away etc.
    - I often try bribery to get DD to do something/behave
    - I leave DD in the car whilst getting petrol
    - I LOVE naptime so much for either the nap myself or the peace!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ok since we're sharing photos of our imperfect parenting ....

DS with his own drumstick ( he was 16 months old)
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1377152782.929024.jpg

DS dressed up for Halloween yes I used those coloured hair spray cans on his hair ( again he was only 15 months at the time ... Oh how I did not hear the end of that one)
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1377152883.758386.jpg

And lastly my kids are near always places they shouldn't be an well I don't always rush to move them
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1377152955.498636.jpg

I have no picture of my usual clean washing mountain as I actually folded it last night for the first time in I do literally think a month haha

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

bearbug  (23-08-2013),Jontu  (22-08-2013),strawberry swing  (22-08-2013),~Marigold~  (22-08-2013)

mumbron is offline Actions speak louder than words!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Somedays I do washing and have to re wash it days later because I've forgotten about it
    when my 2 oldest daughters come back to my house for the weekend they make me breakfast in bed and watch they their brothers and sister so I can watch telly in bed in peace and quiet
    Also I hate washing bedding so I leave it for a few weeks before I decide to change it.
    I also leave my kids in the car to pop in to the shop or servo.
    My kids are in bed by 7 pm because I like my own time!
    Sometimes my 5 year old makes lunches for herself and her brother!
    ABC kids makes a great babysitter when I'm feeling down
    My kids have 2 minute noodles for tea
    And the list could go on!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    On the washing pile aka mount wash more.... I pay the older kids to fold it once a week!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Bunny Lover  (22-08-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this thread!! It has truly brightened my day

I know which thread I'll be nominating for next years awards

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-08-2013),dancingchipmunk  (22-08-2013),GrabbyCrabby  (25-08-2013),HugsBunny  (23-08-2013),SoThisIsLove  (22-08-2013)