Closed Thread
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just picked my DD up from Kindy early so she could play with DS1 while I have a sleep with DS2! So exhausted. He's feeding every 1.5-2hrs overnight and I'm shattered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default *Spinoff* Confessions of an average parent

Oh this thread is awesome
    I've just spent the past hour and a half laughing my *** off reading it from the start. I think that in itself says something... DS put his Cars DVD on by himself because mummy was ignoring him...

Can i wimp-out and start mine by explaining that i really started off a perfect parent! Honest! But i developed a partial disability while pregnant with DS and some days i am relatively fine, but some days my legs just dont work. As a consequence, i am a SAHM with a house that is complete chaos.

* I dont fold washing (even though i am more than capable of doing it) we have a basket of clean washing in each bedroom to pick thru each morning.

* DS still has up to 4 bottles of formula each day. He's turning 2 next month.

* DD has sensory issues and despises showering. But we make sure she has one at least once a week

* DS helps himself to "the snack drawer" in the kitchen. Filled with such nutritious goodies as Shapes, tiny teddys, cookies, sultanas, Cheerios, etc. Often he snacks on whatever food he finds dropped on the floor.

* DD has had her own iPad since she was 3. The baby bonus from belly bub#3 will be spent on two more iPads so each kid has their own.

* Is vegemite bad?? I thought it was full of vitamin B goodness? They both eat it every day.

* The kids get up on their own and watch tv and help themselves to the snack drawer while i sleep in until 7:30.

* Both kids have been raised on Tizzy Hall's routines. I make no apologies for that. They have no sleep issues. They are put to bed at 7pm and are asleep by 7:05pm. They wake at 7am.

* i have been known to stay in bed reading bubhub or facebook too long, then have no time to get dressed and then have to drive DD to the school bus stop in my PJs.

* i sometimes fake not being able to walk on my good days to get out of doing housework.

* before i buy clothes for myself or the kids, i check the laundering advice on the tag. If it needs to be ironed, i dont buy it. I dont iron.

There's lots more, but that will do for now
    Last edited by steel magnolia; 22-08-2013 at 14:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    im sick today and DH couldnt stay hom from work.
    My 2.5yr old has eaten chocolates and donuts all morning.
    I gave her a lolly pop for no other reason than to keep her quiet for 10minutes.
    She didnt want the lunch i made her so i gave her another donut.
    I left my 8mth old in his bouncer infront of the tv while i had a 20min nap on the sofa.
    I asked DH to bring us home maccas for dinner tonight.

I drink beer. Alot of it.
    DD watches as much tv as she wants because she's better behaved when the tv is on.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to B00ts For This Useful Post:

mummtime101  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loving this thread
    I am guilty of a fair few (too much Telly, junky snacks from time to time, letting the housework slip a bit now I'm pregnant etc ), especially considering I've only been a parent for 11 months lol.
    I think it's really lovely that everyone is having a light hearted conversation on letting things go a bit. I know the pressure to be perfect is a lot for some and it's nice to demonstrate that there are no perfect parents (just like there are no perfect people ).

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post:

bearbug  (23-08-2013),bitterpure  (22-08-2013),~Marigold~  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I pretend my morning sickness is far worse than it actually is so DP does nappy changes, breakfast, etc, with my 18 month old. I get out of bed when he goes to work, I put on abc4kids & lie on the couch til I'm ready to face the day

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I seriously have too many to list I kid you not . So ill just say this is a great thread !

9. The Following User Says Thank You to heeeeerekittykitty For This Useful Post:

steel magnolia  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleighMaree View Post
    ive told DS that if theres lights on the rides at the shopping centre it means there broken now everytime we walk passed on he turns to me and says oh no its broken mum also if the ice cream truck is playing music it means his run out of ice cream plus a million other things I cant think of at the moment
    Bahahaha! I've done similar in regards to rides, tell DS that they are "broken". Otherwise, he'll have one ride, and enjoy it so much that he'll beg and beg and beg for "just one more ride"... in other words, I can't drag him away from the things! Much easier to say its broken! Although it has backfired on me a couple of times when we've walked back past and another child is riding on it...oops

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoknows View Post
    My 4 year old thinks the vacuum is great so I give it to him to 'play' with....in some countries I think they call it slave labour 😁
    My kids love the steam mop- they literally fight over who gets to use it..... I may have said in the past... "if you tidy your room quickly I'll let you steam the kitchen" bahahahahaha they clean their rooms soooo fast then clean the kitchen

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Meags82 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (01-09-2013),bitterpure  (22-08-2013),GrabbyCrabby  (25-08-2013),mishh  (22-08-2013),MummaJez  (26-08-2013),veggiemama  (23-08-2013),Whoknows  (22-08-2013),~ElectricPink~  (22-08-2013),~Marigold~  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd3 wouldn't sleep today without abc2 on the tv...5 mins and an voila!
    Note shes asleep in the beanbag because im too lazy to move her. .

Sent from my GT-N7105 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hands down best thread ive ever read on bubhub!!!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

bearbug  (23-08-2013),beebs  (22-08-2013),bitterpure  (22-08-2013),HugsBunny  (22-08-2013),meljemillie  (22-08-2013),NewMrs  (22-08-2013),steel magnolia  (22-08-2013),~Marigold~  (22-08-2013)