+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Changing IVF Clinics Monash to QFG with frozen embryos TOWNSVILLE

Hello Ladies, In the process of completing the paperwork to get my last two embies transferred from Monash to QFG. Am curious if anyone on here has done this and had their embryos transported. If so then has it all gone smoothly. I think I have to get them transported across the state. The whole process is a little bit daunting...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 1 moved from Canberra to Townsville. The process was very easy unfortunately ours didn't survive the defrost process. We now have 2 more down in Vic that we are going to fly down and put back in later this year. I hope yours are strong and are sticky little ones when you plan to use them

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DRAGONFLY17 For This Useful Post:

Sharlee32  (29-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    I had 1 moved from Canberra to Townsville. The process was very easy unfortunately ours didn't survive the defrost process. We now have 2 more down in Vic that we are going to fly down and put back in later this year. I hope yours are strong and are sticky little ones when you plan to use them
    Thank you. I have completed paperwork and paid an admin fee so here's hoping my little two are okay. They are well travelled already

So are you in Townsville? Are you with QFG? Good luck with your transfer as well - we are hoping to do ours in October if all goes to plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I moved my embabies from Sunshine Coast to Brisbane without any problems. Then thawed 2 for a double transfer and ended up with our DS1. Good luck x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

Sharlee32  (29-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    I moved my embabies from Sunshine Coast to Brisbane without any problems. Then thawed 2 for a double transfer and ended up with our DS1. Good luck x
    Congrats on your DS1...oh god I hope and pray that one of last two is our baby. We are not sure yet if we will do a double or single ET. We did two last time and got BFN where as first go we did one and got a chemical. DH wants to transfer two but I want to see what the new FS says first. So many decisions...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlee32 View Post
    Thank you. I have completed paperwork and paid an admin fee so here's hoping my little two are okay. They are well travelled already

So are you in Townsville? Are you with QFG? Good luck with your transfer as well - we are hoping to do ours in October if all goes to plan.
    In Cairns now ( move every couple of years due to Dh job). Went through Monash when we were there but all those attempts were bfn. We have 2 gorgeous sons ( 1 was a freshie in Canberra, the other was a freshie in Melbourne). I'm so nervous already. I know heaps of people have babies with frozen embryos but my only success has been with fresh ones. Keep us posted my fingers are crossed for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How much did you have to pay to transfer your frosties to another clinic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would have to go in search of exact number but it was a few hundred dollars.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose Caboose View Post
    I was never charged. Not sure if this was an oversight or the new clinic being nice as I was told it would cost me a few hundred to do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose Caboose View Post

$145 admin fee to Monash (not surprised by that).

Got told shipping form rocky to townsville approx $300. Was a bit upset as never even knew my little embies had being taken to rocky but there you go QFG told me that and not Monash -even though Monash are the ones who took my embies with them back to rocky.

Oh good luck dragonfly with your ET. I really prefer the frozen cycles a so much easier however I got a better result too from my frsh cycle. I was told that my frozen embryos were both expanded blastocysts and were thawed at 100% however they just didn't stick.