+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Some OPK questions

Hi
    This is our first cycle on clomid, yesterday (CD15) I got a positive opk yesterday at around 11am, which shows its working because I usually wouldn't get that till after CD20!
    I did another opk this morning and its still positive. So do you generally ovulate 12-48 hours after the first pos opk, or is that from when it turns negative? We have DTD 2 nights in a row + this morning, so would be great if I O'd today, but the 2nd positive opk is confusing me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi glamazon! I think it I'd from around your first positive test. When it is negative it means the hormone that stimulates the egg to be released is gone therefore egg is on it's way down. Apparently with the time it takes for the sperm to make it's way up you need to dtd while still positive. Sounds like you're right on track

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tootsiegirl View Post
    Hi glamazon! I think it I'd from around your first positive test. When it is negative it means the hormone that stimulates the egg to be released is gone therefore egg is on it's way down. Apparently with the time it takes for the sperm to make it's way up you need to dtd while still positive. Sounds like you're right on track
    Thanks for your answer! I'm hoping its from the first positive opk coz I don't know how much longer I can keep up all this BDing lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol, really takes the romance out of it doesn't it