+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I don't leave my older kids for more than 2 nights and i never leave my under 4's but that me. We don't and won't do a holiday away from our kids. We prefer to have family holiday.

If your comfortable with it an your kids and your parents are fine with it than go for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We planned to go to Europe as a couple last year, but ended up changing our plans and taking our daughter with us.
    We planned to go to asia as a couple later this year, but have changed our minds and are taking the kids with us.
    It's certainly a different holiday with kids so if you go without them, I say good luck to you and enjoy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I can, when do we leave?

The longest I have left the kids was a week. Could totally do 2 weeks with the knowledge they were in good hands. Maybe not any longer despite thinking it would be a great idea at the time. They would be fine of course, it would be me ringing or messaging every night that would be the problem. I would run out of money!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I could probably do no longer than a week... and that's not because I couldn't be away from her longer, but because she is so incredibly clingy (to me) that she would probably have an emotional breakdown if I left any longer.

It kind of makes sense though... her father left, so I guess she'd be worried I'd do the same.

If she wasn't that way, I would probably go for 2 weeks, though I would definitely miss her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the 1yr old would cope the best!! It's the older ones I would worry about. Dh went away for 5 days when ds was about 1 or so.. He didnt even notice. We stayed with my parents. First night he was upset because it was different going to bed there but that was it.

I couldn't do 2 weeks without feeling guilty but I feel guilty asking my parents to have him for one whole day as I know how full on he is. That's me.
    If your grannies have said they don't mind at all then go for it! I think it would come down to what they think though as they will be the carers.
    Don't forget to do a will before u go. If anything happened to u both where would the kids live etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me it's less the length of time & more the location. For some illogical reason I'm a bit freaked out at the idea of being in a different country to my kids. Or even a plane flight away. But a location a few hours drive away I would do a long weekend away quite happily.

I think I'm just a worst case scenario person & I worry that if something happened I'd be a minimum of a day away from them in Europe. They would just feel so very far away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have to take mine with me (easier for me, I've got one and one on the way ). I don't have anyone I'd leave her with for that length of time though. So if you and your parents are fine with it, the kids are happy to stay, than have at it

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It totally depends on your situation - how capable and willing the grandparents are and how your kids will handle it. Would I do it? No. But I'm a very anxious person. I had the opportunity to go to Hong Kong with 2 girlfriends this year for 10 days. Couldn't do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    One night...I couldn't bare leaving DS for more than a night when I had DD. I'm not trying to be passive aggressive. You know your kids best, you know how they would cope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At the moment DS is attached to me as he is breastfed. Once he is weaned, I would probably leave my kids for a couple of nights to go away. I couldn't do more than 3 I don't think while they are young.