+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Maybe one week with one granny the other week with the other granny?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh, and would I do it? If I had parents willing and able to babysit and I was 100% confident they would cope with my two, and my kids could cope with them, then I'd be over the moon excited and on that plane in a heartbeat.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CicerFabaceae View Post
    the 18 month old I could not leave her for more than a night as she is too young to have it explained to her that we would be coming back
    And we have a winner!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think 1 is probably too young to leave for 2 weeks to be honest. They are too little to comprehend that you are coming back and I don't think it would be fair to leave a baby with other people for that long but that is my opinion. Could you make it a family trip?
    Otherwise depending on what you want to see and do in Europe you need atleast 3 weeks. It is such an amazing place and so much to see

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We left for 10days for a holiday. Ds1 was 4 so was fine with it. Ds2 was 15mths and still breastfed. We left them with my mum who came to our house to look after them so they were in familiar surrounds. Ds2 did really well. When we came back he was fine with us but refused to breastfeed for about 3days. We talked on the phone a few times and they had a blast with nanny. I would do it again but only when they are older. I think now that ds2 is 2 he would take it a lot harder.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It depends on the kids. I only have 1 child, she's 2 and very clingy but copes with a night or two away from us just fine. I'm not sure how she'd go if we went away longer than that. If I had more kids and they were going to all stay together at a relatives place who they were used to staying with overnight, I'd probably go as then they've got each other and a familiar environment. There's nothing wrong with it in my opinion, you know your kids and how they'd cope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no idea.

My daughter's nealy 11 months. The longest I've been away from her at a time has been about 4 hours.

I think it depends a lot on what you've done in the past. There's probably a big difference between leaving kids for 2 weeks who are used to staying with other people, and leaving kids who have never been away from you.

That said, I think do whatever you're comfortable with & don't let anyone else talk you out of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are lucky enough to have people who you can be confident about looking after the kids. Go for it! It takes a village and the carers (grandparents?) may well look forward to a nice chunk of bonding time with your kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I couldn't leave my babies longer than a night but I'm a sook, lol.

If you have people willing to babysit for you and your comfortable with it then you should definitely go for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not going to lie.... I don't think I could do more than one night. We did 4 nights earlier this year, and I don't know if it was pregnancy hormones but by night 2 I was in tears looking for earlier flights home.

But it really depends on the you guys, the kids, who is looking after them etc. Some people might not be able to do it and some people it's easy so if it works for you then go for it!