+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breastfeeding after 1

Hey guys!

So, DS is 1yo now, and I've been thinking about having a night out, but I'm not sure what I do about milk for DS.

What do you do?

I've never been away from DS for longer than 3 hours, and I've never had more than 2 glasses of wine in a 24hr period lol, so I'm not really sure what to leave him if I'm away?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I still BF my toddler but when he turned 1 I vowed no more expressing: if I went out he was to have cows milk. It is so easy. Start with 180ml and poor more if bub needs it.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I breastfed till 3 years old and had many nights out, once she was over 1 she would eat more solids if I went out, or I would breastfeed her to sleep and go out once she was in bed

(sorry she is watching me type and made me add that smiley lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I BF til 17 months. But after one, I introduced a sippy cup of almond milk before his day sleep, & just BF in the morning & night. So the handful of times I went out, if I wasn't there, or had too much to drink the night b4 & didn't want to BF, I knew his morning/night feeds could be replaced with a sippy cup as a once off, & I just pumped & dumped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    By 1yo I wouldn't worry to much about breastmilk if its just for one night out. Try expressing and putting it in a bottle and if he wont drink it just feed when you get home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the input guys!

The only other liquids he has is water, and the only thing with expressing is I can never get more than 30mls.

I might try cows milk, he has been having it in his porridge for months now with no issues.

Thing is, I'm a little wary of nut milks as he has allergies, so have been holding off on nuts until we go to the allergist.

Anyone tried goats milk? I heard it can be gentler on the tummy.

Also, this might sound silly, but do you heat the milk?

Can giving him milk occasionally affect when he weans? I'm in no hurry to wean just yet.

Thanks again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I started giving DS sippy cups of cows milk after the age of about 12 months, along with his solid food. If I was ever out (rarely) or at work he would be offered cows milk if he wanted it. he wasn't fussed about it being cold but your bub might prefer it warm, just try it and see. DS went whole days without breastmilk when i was at work and i just fed him when i got home. He went on to BF until 19 months of age so there was no problem with that arrangement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I still BF my toddler but when he turned 1 I vowed no more expressing: if I went out he was to have cows milk. It is so easy. Start with 180ml and poor more if bub needs it.

Good luck.
    This :-)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app