Quote Originally Posted by Jerseypoppy View Post
Hi ladies, jumping in here! I'm 21 and my partner is 28, we're expecting our first baby in February! DP just got a new job and we had to move to be able to take it, it's a new mine and he's pretty safe as far as his bosses tell him. I've had morning sickness so bad that I've been puking daily, up to 3 times a day since 6 weeks so stopped working.
We're also looking at buying our first home in the next 6 months, basically my question is how do I reassure him that he will make enough money to support us all and live the life we live now? I know myself that this baby isn't going to cost the world! He thinks it needs everything brand new and top notch etc and everything the baby shop can offer but I know differently!
He thinks we're going to struggle on his income and I just want to be able to let him know we're going to be okay!
Hi! I'm 21 as well and DH is 31! We have a 2 year old and a expecting dd in a few weeks! If your DH is on a good fifo income you should have no problem! Just show him the average cost of all the baby items that you need before baby arrives cot, pram, car seat etc and he should see that over the months you have to buy it all you will be fine! As for after baby is here if you breast feed the only ongoing expenses are nappies and wipes really.......