+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Question: flying domestic with children on jetstar.

We have booked through flight centre and after checking jetstar web site it says that if we want to sit together we must pay extra to book our seats, would they not sit young children with a parent? There is hubby and I plus our 3 children. Also do we need to provide ID for the children?
    And lucky last question is have you taken a car seat on board for a toddler?
    We have 2 still in car seats but if we can take 1 with us it means we will only have to hire or buy 1.
    Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are frequent flyers & I've never chosen seats or paid extra & we've always been together. The car seat will go on as cargo with other checked baggage. It counts towards your limit so you may have to pay extra for it. We also take Jp certified copies of our children's birth certs (domestic) & obviously they have passports if your going o/s.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's just standard stuff you'll find in each fine print. Seats are randomly selected so people pay extra for seat selection. We flew jet star on Xmas week last year and all our seats were together. You can ask them to put you together.

But I have heard that some ppl have ended up separately.

It's up to you if you want car seats. I don't see the need. My son was 2 when we went and he was fine in his own seat. They can always sit in your lap with a belt extension

Thanks
    Reviews
    As long as your aussie residents You can show your medicare card with their names on it. Some staff won't even ask.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've never paid extra and have always been seated together - there are 3 seats either side of the aisle and we usually sit 1 adult with 1 child and 1 adult with the other 2 kids. The spare seat has always been spare, although I guess if you were flying at a busy time you may get someone seated in the spare 3rd seat.

Our medicare cards have always been enough for ID - although when under 2 I always had a copy of their birth certificate just to be on the safe side (Jetstar can be particularly picky about these things!).

Have never taken a car set onto a flight - domestic flights are pretty tight, not much room for a car seat so I'd recommend checking it in as luggage rather than carrying it on. If you do decide to take it check with them before hand as they may not let you take it on if bigger than the carry on limit.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When we flew Jetstar. They didn't ask for ID. I took it anyway but the checkout people said that they could tell she was ours (she was happy, chatty and a spitting image of her dad).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

millsmum  (19-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    They said we could take the car seat on board as long as we notified them as she said it needed a window seat, would be much better to take it on board as we will be pushed to the limit with our baggage with the 5 of us and as it will be Xmas 1 suitcase alone will be presents.
    Can't believe I was stupid enough to pay the extra $55 to pick our seating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't feel like that. We flew to Malaysia with Air Asia in October and my son was under 2 then. I bought him a seat cause I was scared he would have to sit in our lap for 8 hours and the plane was half empty! Could've saved $300! But it was too risky not too

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

millsmum  (19-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you pay extra for the kids to sit with someone else?

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

baikirashero  (20-08-2013),fingers xd  (19-08-2013),Glamazon  (19-08-2013),Hopeful1975  (05-06-2016),jellybeanicecream  (19-08-2013),LoveLivesHere  (19-08-2013),lovelymum  (19-08-2013),MissMuppet  (20-08-2013),moppet  (19-08-2013),TimeForWine  (20-08-2013),Wise Enough  (19-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I just took a fold up stroller instead of our bugaboo would the stroller be classed as 1 check in baggage even though it would only weigh aprox 5kg and the limit is 20kg per person or could we get away with the car seat and stroller as 1 persons 20kg luggage if that makes sense.