+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 138
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,311
    Thanks
    2,387
    Thanked
    4,599
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by callmedragon22 View Post
    But that's why they have insurance?? Not everyone can afford car insurance, and public transport isn't viable for everybody. My car isn't worth the money to have car insurance, simple as that.
    Wow. It's still cheaper to pay for insurance than it is to repay the cost of repairing someone else's car after you damage it.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

    HugsBunny  (19-08-2013),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (19-08-2013),peanutmonkey  (19-08-2013)

  3. #82
    mummabec's Avatar
    mummabec is offline I could hold you for a million years, to make you feel my love
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    906
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked
    75
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ctp does stand for compulsory third party but there's 2 types of third party. One for bodily injury (compulsory) and one for property damage (not compulsory) if your not at fault and you have to claim through your own insurance you should lose your no claim bonus!

    We have a small amount of savings, wish it was more but we just can't seem to grow it any more
    Last edited by mummabec; 19-08-2013 at 16:45.

  4. #83
    rainbow road's Avatar
    rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in a glass case of emotion
    Posts
    12,409
    Thanks
    1,187
    Thanked
    8,058
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    So you agree that ctp is an acronym for compulsory third party insurance? Why did you say that third party insurance is not compulsory?
    Because CTP and third party are different.

    CTP is COMPULSORY - you cannot register a car without it. It covers the driver, not the car. I called it CTP because it is called CTP.

    Third party is optional that covers the other driver's CAR if you have an accident and are at fault. It doesn't cover your own vehicle though.

    Comprehensive insurance covers both your own vehicle and the other vehicle if in an accident, at fault or otherwise.

  5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

    atomicmama  (19-08-2013),grumpysmurf  (19-08-2013),HugsBunny  (19-08-2013),peanutmonkey  (19-08-2013),TimeForWine  (19-08-2013)

  6. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,854
    Thanks
    755
    Thanked
    724
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Then don't insure your car, insure yourself for if you hit someone else's. you need to look into it, because like I said, my grandpa was hit by an uninsured girl. His insurance paid for the repairs but she is on a payment plan with the insurance company a year and a bit later because if you're at fault, you do still have to pay.

    IMO if you can't afford basic third party insurance (I paid $30 a month for mine, peanuts) you can't afford a car.
    See, now I'm just confused. When my Mum was hit by a car (uninsured), she got a payout for her insurer (car was written off) and they were never chased up by her insurer...

  7. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    403
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked
    167
    Reviews
    0
    Yes I have savings to try buy a house

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to grooviechic35 For This Useful Post:

    Ffrenchknickers  (19-08-2013)

  9. #86
    rainbow road's Avatar
    rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in a glass case of emotion
    Posts
    12,409
    Thanks
    1,187
    Thanked
    8,058
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by callmedragon22 View Post
    See, now I'm just confused. When my Mum was hit by a car (uninsured), she got a payout for her insurer (car was written off) and they were never chased up by her insurer...
    How on earth do you know if the chased up the other person? They would have.

    It's the insurance company who deal with it.

    Just say you hit me. You have no insurance. I call AAMI and claim, my car gets fixed and I go on my way. AAMI however, will chase you up, and you will have to arrange to pay back AAMI. I don't hear from you again. The insurance company is the intermediary.

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

    atomicmama  (19-08-2013),grumpysmurf  (19-08-2013),HugsBunny  (19-08-2013),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (19-08-2013),peanutmonkey  (19-08-2013),TimeForWine  (19-08-2013)

  11. #87
    LifeInShadesOfGrey's Avatar
    LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,672
    Thanks
    2,052
    Thanked
    1,364
    Reviews
    35
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Deleted because rainbow road explained for me

  12. #88
    TimeForWine's Avatar
    TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    409
    Thanks
    1,060
    Thanked
    422
    Reviews
    0
    I agree with RR - you should def look into third party! If you go through youi it would be SO cheap and just for peace of mind! Not only that but its hardly fair to say oh well if they have their car insured and its a half decent car and I hit it, then oh well they can pay for it! I mean just because someone DOES have insurance and a nice-ish car doesnt mean they can afford to pay for the excess etc if they have to claim! Or that they dont make sacrifices to insure!

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimeForWine For This Useful Post:

    HugsBunny  (19-08-2013),Mod-Zeddie  (19-08-2013)

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,377
    Thanks
    1,504
    Thanked
    883
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What if someone hit my car and neither of us were insured. Even though I am not at fault does it mean I get nothing?

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,854
    Thanks
    755
    Thanked
    724
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    How on earth do you know if the chased up the other person? They would have.

    It's the insurance company who deal with it.

    Just say you hit me. You have no insurance. I call AAMI and claim, my car gets fixed and I go on my way. AAMI however, will chase you up, and you will have to arrange to pay back AAMI. I don't hear from you again. The insurance company is the intermediary.
    Because we knew the family who hit us. Hmmm definitely going to look into insurance now though, clearly I had everything all wrong (I haven't been driving for long!!)

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to callmedragon22 For This Useful Post:

    TimeForWine  (19-08-2013)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Savings account you can't withdraw from?
    By SpicyTurtle in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 24-12-2015, 09:05
  2. Teething? Daylight Savings?
    By PeJu's Mum in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-09-2012, 08:31
  3. Daylight Savings
    By Mummy2MJ in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-09-2012, 10:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Riverton Leisureplex
An Extreme Family Pass at Riverton Leisureplex is the ultimate way to cool off during the summer school holidays. The $30 Pass allows pool and waterslide access for 2 adults and 2 children, as well as a drink, popcorn and an icy pole for each person.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
L'il Aussie Prems Foundation
An Australian charity supporting families of premature babies & children. The charity assists families who are at high risk of giving birth prematurely, who have babies currently in hospital and families with toddlers who were born too soon.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!