+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I don't know about other states, but in nsw, you can't register your car unless you have ctp insurance paid for.
    Yeah but that only covers injury. It doesn't cover damaging someone's car.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (21-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have savings to eventually buy own own home (well deposit anyway) , both my kids have a savings account that every birthday and Christmas we put money into (they cannot touch they are 18 ) an we also have an emergency fund that I add $20 each week into but only been doing that for about 3 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So, anyway, SAVINGS!

We do but only ever for set things which means we have a set savings amount & target date (buying house, e-ring, wedding, now saving to cover maternity leave). This we are good at, but we don't have savings for every day incidentals or holidays etc. I budget to the last cent but we always seem to be scraping through to next pay. Feel like we're doing something wrong.

Maybe a spin off thread on budgeting/managing finances/savings?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have savings - the money sits in our mortgage and we can redraw it when we need it, like while I'm on mat leave not making any money and the bills keep coming. Although, this time around, we are managing a bit better and haven't had to touch our savings yet, 3 months in. When I'm working, my wage pays the mortgage, and my spending money and anything left over goes into our 'savings' for when I'm not working. Hubby's wage pays all our bills, groceries and his spending money. We have managed to reduce a lot of our bills and he also got a pay rise so now he pays the mortgage as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have savings in a term deposit from an inheritence

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMoosMum View Post
    we also have an emergency fund that I add $20 each week into but only been doing that for about 3 months.
    Thats a very good idea

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiflers Mom View Post
    I have an old cheap car, I have comprehensive insurance for $40/mth.
    Our car is 2 years old we have comprehensive for $33 a month! Just changed providers a few months back so it is good to shop around I review our insurance gas elec at least once a year

We got hit by a car a couple of months ago, they were insured, but because I was insured I just called my insurance company they authorized repairs and it was done a week later and I handed them the other drivers contact details and they contacted her for the $ so i didn't have to make contact with her 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a small amount of savings which will be gone by the end of October as we are using it go away for a couple of nights. DH has a limit that he refuses to go under in his bank account in case something unexpected comes up. He aslo puts $10 a week each into an account for the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did do, until they were used for what they're meant to be used for which is bills and car repairs/services, etc.

Now that I am debt free (FINALLY. I thought I was at the start of the year but I freaking hate Vodafone. Grr) we'll be able to have more savings again. I don't particularly like seeing my bank account drained of funds, it depresses me. So when I can free up cash elsewhere it makes me a very happy person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    Third party car insurance is compulsory in Western Australia
    That only covers you for personal injuries - it doesn't cover other vehicles or property damage. It's compulsory in all states.