Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeahhhh no.

If rather not,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Technically, I could of course live without a car. I wouldn't die. But it would make life incredibly difficult. The bus takes SO long! Plus getting on and off, waiting at the bus stop with DS who likes to run off a lot would be a nightmare. I go in and out a lot, so it would really be difficult without a car.

I live in a hilly suburb too, so biking with DS, bags etc. no way.

Currently it takes about 8-10 minutes to drive to his daycare/into the city. On the bus it would take 40minutes each way. Walking even longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I doubt we would survive with only 1 car, can't imagine not having one at all. I wouldn't be able to access public transport to suit my working hours and it doesn't run where DH works.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes I could. But I wouldn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Yes, I could but it would be bloody hard. Even DH could but that would mean taxis to and from work (shift worker). I could even do the childcare run using public transport but it would mean having to work much shorter days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope. Live rural, both work almost 1hr drive away & work different hours. We do 1500 km a week between us. Shudder to think what it would be like if one of our two cars was out of action for even a few days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We could easily(at least I could) since bus stop, supermarkets etc are in walking distance. But DH's work is 20 kms and he would have to take a bus, then train which would cost more than the petrol. Plus, we wouldn't be able to do much on weekends.

We have one car as of now, but would want to buy another nice I start working post bub!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I had to then yes bc home, work, shops and Childcare are all walking distance from public transport. It would be a major hassle though to visit family and friends because the train line we are on isn't a major one so would involve swapping trains etc. when we move then probably no bc the kids will have to keep going to current Childcare until we organise one closer to our new place.
    Having a car makes life so much easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way!!! I would go crazy. Been driving since the day I turned 17 and love the freedom a car gives!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It could be done. We live in a inner city suburb (regional city though) so everything is in walking distance. However, due to our humid, wet summers, sometimes a car is just more practical. In summer you can't walk anywhere between 8am-5pm it is just too hot, especially if you had small children! Also I sort of need a car for work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast