+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Toilet training regression after 6 months - any tips?

DD has been quite bad the last few weeks with regression. She has been TT since Feb this year (so 6 months)

She will wee her pants (never when we are out, only at home), come and tell us and this will result in her being given a bath. I then worked out she was was doing it so she would get a bath so now i just wipe her down with a face washer a few times. The other day she literally had 2 accidents within 10 mins of eachother and asked for a bath!

It sounds bad but its like she does it on purpose (im guessing to get attention) she will look right at me and wee - sometimes even while standing in the toilet.

I havent put nappies back on her at all ( except she still wears them at nap / bedtime) and shes started pooing at nap times in her nappy, even tho she had been put on the toilet before bed and told me she needed to do a poo. Like she was waiting till i put her nappy on and then went.

She comes out and tells us she has done a poo so we empty it into the toilet and put her on incase she needs to do more and explain she goes on the toilet not in her nappy but she keeps doing it - again it seems to me she does it to stay up out of bed longer -she is a rascal trying to get her to stay in bed - makes excuses galore to get up all the time!

Any suggestions? Shes almost 3, intelligent and understands alot and talks very well. Should i just keep going with what im doing ( just calmly explaining she goes poo / wee on toilet and putting her on there after an accident) or is there some other technique i can try? Its extremely fustrating especially cause she usually uses the toilet no worries - she was very easy to train

Any help appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    its normal for them to regress and test boundaries, just keep doing what your doing its frustrating but your doing a good job

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are just coming out of the end of this with DS (2.5). He was out of nappies just after 2yo and recently started wetting himself constantly. He would pee everywhere, couch, floor, pants, bed...everywhere.
    I ended up putting pull ups on him (for about a month) just to save my couch really.
    Now, we have a rewards chart. If he goes wees in the toilet he gets to put and apple of his tree. When he gets all the apples he gets a treat (chocolate/lolly or something).
    This is working so well. He hasnt had an accident in about a week so far. I make sure i remind him to go wees and when we are out i just take him to the toilet (before starting the food shop!!!)
    Id suggest a rewards chart and see how you go.

It is normal for them to regress...frustrating but normal!!!
    We were lucky though, he never regressed with poos...just wees!!!

Good luck
    This is the once we use but there is heaps more.
    http://www.freeprintablebehaviorchar.../treesmile.pdf

http://www.freeprintablebehaviorchar...ee_With_Smiles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank u both

I didnt even realise id had responses to this thread!

Im so sick of cleaning up wees and poos - not excatly how i pictured my life lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    i find if i get the 'rewards/bribes' back out for a while, it seems to help any regressions.
    For example, a rewards chart is excellent. Or a booklet of stickers.
    It seems she knows exactly what she 'should' be doing, she may be testing you.
    Just keep being consistant and clear with what you want from her.

I recently stopped putting a nappy on my 2.5yr old for her day nap as she was waiting untill i put that nappy on to do a poo. Now she goes before bed and i have a potty in her bedroom on a mat she an access herself.
    She (day) TT in 3 days, its now been 2.5 weeks and she rarely has accidents. Just working on the poos bit she also has a speech delay but has had no issues TT...many professionals told us to hold off on TT untill her language got better. Pffft!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to B00ts For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive started a sticker chart with rewards which seems to b helping a bit, thanks...fingers crossed she improves from here

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app