+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Poor little mite UTI's are the worst. If its just stinging and there is no blood and she doesn't have a temperature yet, I would encourage her to drink lots and lots of water, even though it will make her wee more often her urine will be less potent. Weeing in the bath is a great idea by the way.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just rang my mum and she said I should get her to the hospital incase it's a bladder or kidney infection? It came on so suddenly this afternoon. I hope it's nothing bad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Um would you take yourself to the doctor/hospital if you were that bad?
    Take her to hospital

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    It will only spread to the kidneys if the uti is left untreated. Like someone said before if she doesn't have a temp or blood in her urine it is ok for now.

In saying that though if she doesn't settle to sleep and is still in pain during the night, i would be inclined to go to the hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to get them all the time when I was flying... Dehydration defiantly exasperates it so lots and lots of water. If she doesn't have a temperature yet or blood in her urine it hasn't gotten really bad yet but having said that once it starts stinging really bad it goes down hill pretty quickly so you defiantly have to seek medical help soon anyway and get onto some antibiotics.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would take her to the hospital and get some antibiotics as soon as possible. My DD gets UTIs that are not painful (loses bladder control), and the Dr always says by the time it gets painful it is bad and antibiotics are the only thing that will prevent kidney or bladder infections. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You will certainly know if it turns into a kidney infection because she will get pain in her lower back, have a fever and/or chills.

I have given my 3 year old dd a reduced dosage of Ural before. She really enjoyed drinking it which made things easier. If you find your daughter is prone to getting UTIs or similar symptoms try to keep on top of it by offering her heaps of water, low sugar diet and another thing I do for my dd is break open half a cenovis cranberry tablet and sprinkle it into her yoghurt. It's only dried cranberry fruit so very safe and much better than cranberry juice actually most of them at the supermarket are just cranberry drink containing heaps of sugar. The sugar can make her symptoms worse too...

If you don't make it to the hospital try getting her to wee in a potty (if you have one) and take the sample to a gp in the morning to be 100% sure. The above strategies will only help her with pain in the meantime, the bacteria will still be present in the morning if it is infact a UTI.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Take her to the Emergency Department. They will be able to diagnose whether it is urethritis (tubing from bladder to outside), cystitis (bladder) or pyelonephritis (kidney) infection. They will also be able to prescribe and/or supply the required antibiotics, depending upon where you are. This should be done tonight to reduce the duration of the misery your daughter is going through, and minimise the the risk of ascending infection.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LyricsDad For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (18-08-2013),Meld85  (18-08-2013),RipperRita  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LyricsDad View Post
    Take her to the Emergency Department. They will be able to diagnose whether it is urethritis (tubing from bladder to outside), cystitis (bladder) or pyelonephritis (kidney) infection. They will also be able to prescribe and/or supply the required antibiotics, depending upon where you are. This should be done tonight to reduce the duration of the misery your daughter is going through, and minimise the the risk of ascending infection.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Completely agree with this.

Take her tonight, it doesn't take long for utis to go from mild to bad and she is probably suffering quite a bit already. Hopefully she is better soon with some antibiotics.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope she is ok xx Maybe try cranberry juice. You could ring the GP number that comes to your home and they can give antibiotics on the spot if necessary.