My DS Has just turned 3. I've struggled with his behavior for what feels like forever but has prob been since he was
About 14 months old. He is an only
Child and doesn't have regular contact/ bond with his Father. Things DS does that drives me mental- perhaps someone else can see a pattern or a disorder that I can't see.
* his level of patience is zero. For example- He will ask for his bottom to be wiped and he will call out once, I will be on my way straight away and he will have called out 3 more times until be is screaming the demand at me. I tell
Him not to scream at me as it makes me sad but he continually does it most days. Until I end up yelling back at
Him once my own patience has gone!
* He cannot share. He's happy to use everyone else possessions but its full scale tantrum if someone looks at/touches/ asks to play with his things. I tell him its nice to share and will take his toys off him at times when he won't share something.
* he tells ME what to do. He tries to negotiate - bed time "not yet mum". when he's asked to put his shoes on when we are in a hurry to leave "not yet, soon" and continues to stuff around for 20 minutes until I'm cranky because we are late. I should mention I still help him dress/ put shoes on. But everything gets drawn out and excuses made for why something can't be done now.
* I've been told by family/carers that he can be such an angel (polite, caring, well behaved, helpful) when he's away from me. I believe he actually does 'act up' for me way more than anyone else. Perhaps it's the way I respond to him but I no no other way. He CAN be very good for me too- but those days are not
Often and I feel the bad days of constant Demanding rude behavior overtake the good days. I feel like we're struggling as mother and son.
* he's a smart kid- he's not behind developmentally and he's been socialized at kindy for over a year. He has good and bad days there too. He gets spoken to at kindy about sharing And being gentle.
I attempt things like 123 magic/timeout. I've started smacking in the last 6 months and I hate how it makes me
Feel, not to mention he hates it also. I smack on the days where its been a constant battle ground from 6am Til bedtime. It doesn't work. I feel like I'm the one chucking a tantrum on those days.
I just feel... Like I'm doing a crap job and that HE tells me how to run our lives. I feel like he's taken over the house at 3yrs old. I dread having a horrible child at school who gets suspended and is that rough child who is a bully.
He has no male in his life so he's mostly
Surrounded by women with no role model. There's so much more but he is demanding I "stop texting mum" so I don't want him to feel ignored....