+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would be peeved more so that he didn't communicate about what his idea of the night off would include.
    Personally- if he had said, would u mind if I go out with my mates- It wouldn't bother me. I'm happy for him to have time with friends and I know that at any time I could do the same. But if I had said 'I was hoping for us to do something together' he would have done that instead or arranged a night out with mates another time etc.

It's all about the communication and respect to ask what the other person wants and needs as well as fulfilling your own desires in a non selfish way.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MadeWithLove For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ummm yeah Not cool at all x

Thanks
    Reviews
    i would lock him out, and catch up on sleep.. and probable spend half hour packing his **** for the doorstep

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't mind tbh, everyone needs a night off here and there and I would just have a relaxing night of my own.

I also believe that you pick your battles, is this really worth being angry over and having a fight.. For me it's not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumofgremlins View Post
    i would lock him out, and catch up on sleep.. and probable spend half hour packing his **** for the doorstep
    Ha ha good idea!! Thanks for all the replies. I feel like a big whinge bag- but just needed a vent I suppose. DP gets lots of 'free' time without the kids (when I take them to stay with their Grandparents) and plenty of opportunities to hang out with friends (as he is quiet happy to go out and leave it to me). I suppose I am just disappointed he didn't want to hang out with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't be upset unless I had asked DH to spend the night with me. My DH isn't a mind reader and doesn't know what I want unless I flat out tell him (that said if I wanted to go out too, I'd be welcome to join him).
    I'd probably relish the alone time, it's a rare treat since becoming a parent (although I hate being away from DD and would just miss her anyway lol).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post:

kezanazz  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Id be annoyed but more than that Id be really hurt that instead of spending a rare night alone with me he chose to spend it with his mates. Hugs.

Sent from my U8510 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BubinDec For This Useful Post:

mumofgremlins  (18-08-2013),Star Light  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd be really hurt that he hadn't passed it through me first so I could've mentioned I would like to spend the evening with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would just be really disappointed that he was not jumoing at the idea of some alone time.

Big hugs - make the most of it, watch crappy Chick TV and eat junk food in bed while starfishing.

Maybe have a chat to him the following day about how you feel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to see the other side here... maybe your dp is thinking that you deserve some peace and quiet and has organised to head out with his mates so you can relax and have you time?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app