+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 95 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have no idea if I have personality disorder. I do know I have major depressive disorder, anxiety, bulimia, drug addiction and have had several panic/suicidal episodes lately. I feel like not even trying now I'm embarrassed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nah. Don't be embarrassed. I used to be embarrassed but with my healing I've realised there's nothing to be embarrassed about. I'd say your prob just feeling overwhelmed by all the responses? There are many of us that have battled mental health and those of us that visited these facilities all found them to be helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a friend who got PHI and whilst waiting the 2 month waiting period to go to a private rehab unit went to a public one. If PHI is an option for you. The private rehab unit was amazing and she learnt so many coping techniques and she really faced her problems and was helped to see that yes she did have an addiction etc. Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have also been following your posts as you know & I was hoping there was something like inpatient treatment that could help you. I hope you can find something. Maybe get the PHI in the meantime in case you need it.

Can I just say this highlights how incredibly difficult it is to get help!!! (Thinking of the people who made comments in the other thread 'why didn't she get help?' 'There are so many services available' well clearly there isn't?!?!?

I really feel for you French, you have been so honest & I hope you can get the help you need to enjoy life, your children & your DH.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jenga For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-08-2013),MilkingMaid  (18-08-2013),RipperRita  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You could just present to ED at the base hospital and telling the triage nurse that basically you need help because you are wanting to harm yourself. They'd arrange for a psychiatric consult who would determine if you needed admission.

That's probably the easiest way in my opinion.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-08-2013),HappyBovinexx  (18-08-2013),Mod-Myztik  (18-08-2013),SeymourTheBear  (18-08-2013),~ElectricPink~  (21-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Frenchie. I have no advice. I wanted to tell you are a total inspiration to me. Your inner strength is bound less, your empathy and compassion is beyond compare. You have made me a better person for your friendship.

I am sending you all my love, hugs, support and prayers. Please let me know if there is something i can do for your or your beautiful family.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to come in late Op...I haven't read all responses...but...there is quite a big difference between public and private mental health wards (unfortunately).

The govt has legislated that private health insurance providers can require only a 2 month waiting period for in-patient treatment for mental health issues rather than the 12 month waiting period for "other medical" issues.

Unfortunately more therapy happens at private hospitals whereas public facilities tend to be more focussed on the immediate safety of the patient in the case of suicidal ideation/self-harm because the services are under-funded.

If safety is part of the issue for you though this takes precedence because you need to be alive before you can work on the broader issues...as pp have said, you can present to any ED and they will make sure you are assessed.

Have you looked into some of the non-for-profit substance rehabs in your area? They often run really good, wholistic programs that focus on total mental health because, you know, substance misuse is always about medicating ourselves for a pretty good reason. Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Albert01; 18-08-2013 at 09:40.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frenchie, I am not great at giving advice in these circumstances, not because if a lack of experience, but a little too much.
    Public care in Australia is not great. Presenting at the ED in crisis is about the only way to get inpatient care. Even then you may have to wait in the ED for a day or so before they can find you a place. Some of the public units are great, some not so great. You will stay a minimum amount if time (7-10 days average at our local) for stabilization and then be discharged into some kind of planned community care. They just don't have the money or resources to do anything more than take in and stabilize the sickest people.
    Private care is a bit better. Usually you still be admitted through an ED in crisis, or through your Psychiatrist in crisis or for a planned stay. Time frames are a longer (my last stay was 6 weeks). You can pay without insurance, but it is very expensive. My last admission was in the 10's of thousands.
    Options wise, if I was in your position, I would take out and maintain a level of private cover that would allow you to use private psychiatric care. I have top hospital cover for this. It is quite expensive, so we just cover me as a single at that level and then everyone else has family cover at a lower level. It unfortunately sounds like you are struggling with some long term problems which would make this cover worthwhile in the long run.
    As for now, pursue your options with GP, Psychologist, Psychiatrist and if you get to where you were the other night, present at an ED or contact a community crisis team to get the help you need now.
    I hope that is a little helpful.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zabella For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (18-08-2013),HearMeRoar  (18-08-2013),spoon  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I really admire you for seeking out help even though it is nervewracking. That is a sign you have real balls. Hang in there, you are strong and will get through this.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    How are things tonight?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post: