+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 94 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 934
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,920
    Thanks
    1,148
    Thanked
    953
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    This is the part I don't understand. Myself and numerous people have advised presenting to emergency saying that you need help and why. You have a long list of reasons as to why you haven't done this yet.

    that is as far as I can see your only option for inpatient treatment right now.

    Whilst your gp says they might not admit you, you don't know that for 100%. The worst thing that could happen is that they don't, but they will still see you and put additional supports into place (if you want them) for you.

    Where were you admitted last time? Can you go back there?

    your other option is to get private health, wait 2 months and do private inpatient and have to miss a couple of weeks of work.

    That is the reality of your options.

    There is no magical solution.
    I think Ffrenchknickers said something about fear of rejection if she presents at the ED - I can totally understand that fear, i experience it myself.

    From what i have read, i think that that rejection (if it occured) would do more harm then good?

    Not saying that inpatient isnt required - She has stated that it is, but maybe having some level of control with that aspect will make it less stressful and more beneficial?

    Dont know if what i am saying is making any sense or not.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

    Ffrenchknickers  (21-08-2013),HearMeRoar  (22-08-2013),RipperRita  (21-08-2013)

  3. #152
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,248
    Thanks
    489
    Thanked
    1,263
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    I think Ffrenchknickers said something about fear of rejection if she presents at the ED - I can totally understand that fear, i experience it myself.

    From what i have read, i think that that rejection (if it occured) would do more harm then good?

    Not saying that inpatient isnt required - She has stated that it is, but maybe having some level of control with that aspect will make it less stressful and more beneficial?

    Dont know if what i am saying is making any sense or not.
    I understand that.

    my point is that unless you have private health cover or a truckload of money you can't just "check yourself in to a mental health unit" of which at the moment frenchie has neither.

    which leaves presenting to emergency as the only current option.

    to me it's like saying I want to go to America but I don't want to fly and a boat will take too long so I simply won't go.
    Last edited by wannawannabe; 21-08-2013 at 14:41.

  4. #153
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    3,202
    Thanks
    1,702
    Thanked
    2,424
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ffenchie...
    you are incredibly strong reaching out like you have and please dont leave the thread. I started threads like this in the past (your welcome to go search if you want) when I was struggling and reaching out for advice and was so vulnerable to any and everything that was said to me and felt like no one was really listening to me. i think you might be feeling much the same at the moment. But try and remember that how sensitive you feel is because you are suffering from depression, most people can be given criticism and advice and just take whatever they want out of it and the rest with a grain of salt. When I was unwell I felt deeply wounded when anything like that was said to me and was easily scared off from conversations where I perceived challenges. Depression just distorts your thinking in ways that make you see challenges where their arnt any. Read through the workbook I sent you, especially the parts about challenging and recognising your though processes. Its really good stuff..
    Luv to ya.. Soldier on... This will all be a distant memory soon.

    I used to write "this too shall pass" on my arm in texta when I was unwell and look at it whenever I was struggling...

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

    Ffrenchknickers  (21-08-2013),VicPark  (23-08-2013)

  6. #154
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked
    52
    Reviews
    0
    I'm sorry you are feeling like this. I also suffer from depression and have, in the past, suffered from addiction so I can somewhat relate. My mum had an episode of feeling suicidal and depressed so we took her to the ER where she was assessed by the Psych nurse. She was given valium and sent home because she felt better after chatting to the nurse. I think going to the ER would be a good idea. I hope things improve for you really soon

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Pink For This Useful Post:

    Ffrenchknickers  (21-08-2013)

  8. #155
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the sticks!!
    Posts
    20,635
    Thanks
    3,222
    Thanked
    2,540
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    This is the part I don't understand. Myself and numerous people have advised presenting to emergency saying that you need help and why. You have a long list of reasons as to why you haven't done this yet.

    that is as far as I can see your only option for inpatient treatment right now.

    Whilst your gp says they might not admit you, you don't know that for 100%. The worst thing that could happen is that they don't, but they will still see you and put additional supports into place (if you want them) for you.

    Where were you admitted last time? Can you go back there?

    your other option is to get private health, wait 2 months and do private inpatient and have to miss a couple of weeks of work.

    That is the reality of your options.

    There is no magical solution.
    You asked me why I hadbt gone to emergency, I told you but now I'm apparently making excuses.

    When I started this thread, I didn't realise how hard it was going to be to go public. I was completely willing (but scared obviously) to go because I thought it would help.

    The nearest ed is one hour away.
    The nearest mental health ward is 2.5 hours away.
    Since posting this thread I have not had he petrol money to go.
    My gp told me I most likely wouldn't be accepted unless I was in an acute episode and had to call an ambulance
    That is still the plan for hubby to call if I have a bad episode again. I've been a bit better since. The gp doubled my ads as well.
    I cannot take 'time off' from my own business for reasons I have stated. If I don't work I am not even going to be able to do the three trips to psychs etc a week let alone afford ongoing private health. I don't care if anyone won't 'accept' that because they are not in the position we are in but it's the reality of living in the middle of nowhere in a 400 person town. I hate it and before I got this business I was going crazier being away from the city and gyms.

    If i am still unwell in April I will for sure go inpatient, I have between may and September off every year and if a public hospital option comes up before I go back go work I will go. I was asking people in depth today for real life advice.

    Last time in did inpatient in may it was a detox centre, I don't need that I need somewhere they can provide therapy. It was easy to get in there which is why I didn't realise this would be so hard.

  9. #156
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the sticks!!
    Posts
    20,635
    Thanks
    3,222
    Thanked
    2,540
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thanks cicer that's a shame about the pa, my friend who has been there just told me it was good. There's no services where I live yet I can't access the big ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    I understand that.

    my point is that unless you have private health cover or a truckload of money you can't just "check yourself in to a mental health unit" of which at the moment frenchie has neither.

    which leaves presenting to emergency as the only current option.

    to me it's like saying I want to go to America but I don't want to fly and a boat will take too long so I simply won't go.
    No, it's nothing like gojng to America. We are talking about a lot bigger deal here with lots of factors involving not just me. I'm not in denial or being picky or making excuses FFs! If inpatient is not an option then I need to put as many things in place as I can.

    I actually want help.

    My anxiety is through the roof, I am in bloody tears of frustration driving home from this course.

  10. #157
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the sticks!!
    Posts
    20,635
    Thanks
    3,222
    Thanked
    2,540
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Pink View Post
    I'm sorry you are feeling like this. I also suffer from depression and have, in the past, suffered from addiction so I can somewhat relate. My mum had an episode of feeling suicidal and depressed so we took her to the ER where she was assessed by the Psych nurse. She was given valium and sent home because she felt better after chatting to the nurse. I think going to the ER would be a good idea. I hope things improve for you really soon
    Hugs to you guys. Xx

    Being given Valium is absolutely not an option for me. I spent half an hour on the phone to my counsellor just before and she also said I probably would not be admitted and to be aware of that but I should ring for an assessment over the phone. Because I have good support in place via my husband and friends I am probably low risk she said.

  11. #158
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    perth SOR
    Posts
    2,265
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked
    199
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have you ever been referred to a pain management clinic?

  12. #159
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the sticks!!
    Posts
    20,635
    Thanks
    3,222
    Thanked
    2,540
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No I haven't. There is one 2.5 hours away but my op is coming up in a few weeks so I won't worry about it. If it was going to be longer term I'd go for sure. Thanks for the other info too x

  13. #160
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    5,378
    Thanks
    6,118
    Thanked
    2,758
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Just passing by and thinking of you x

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

    Ffrenchknickers  (23-08-2013)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Anxiety/depression/mental health problems
    By teagan88 in forum General depression and blues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-06-2013, 14:02
  2. Mental Health help with my son
    By alys86 in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-02-2013, 16:03
  3. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 22-02-2013, 01:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Bamboo Lulu
Unique, non-toxic wooden eco toys for babies. Water-based paints, saliva-resistant & baby safe. Super soft, prints & basics for baby, made from bamboo & organic cotton. Hypoallergenic - great for eczema relief. FREE gift with purchase. Code BUBHUB
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Mini Maestros
Nurturing Confident Learners. Mini Maestros offers music classes for children 6 months to 5 years of age. It is the longest running and most successful Australian business of its kind.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!