+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 95 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    PlayNice is offline Saving the world one chocolate at a time
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    Huh? The only suggestion I've turned down is quitting my job!

Play nice. . You stated matter of fact that I am making excuses. I have no reason to make excuses. Just explaining my life.
    You've turned down the idea of inpatient treatment which is a big thing to rule out in your situation.

Earlier in the thread you said it was because of being away from the kids, now you say its because of your job. I believe they are valid reasons but also excuses.

But hey, it IS your life.

PlayNice is offline Saving the world one chocolate at a time
    Thanks
    Reviews
    How about I leave this thread instead? Its your thread. I was about to bow out anyway.

Best of luck with everything x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ffrenchie have you heard of/tried smart recovery online?

I have had many clients that have found support and success from them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HippyGirl85 For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (21-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post
    You've turned down the idea of inpatient treatment which is a big thing to rule out in your situation.

Earlier in the thread you said it was because of being away from the kids, now you say its because of your job. I believe they are valid reasons but also excuses.

But hey, it IS your life.
    No, I started this thread because I was incredibly interested in inpatient. I just need it now. This thread is called mental health unit meaning inpatient! Of course I said I was worried about leaving the kids, who wouldn't be? I've already done two weeks inpatient a couple of months ago!

How can you seriously sit there and say I am making excuses? Are you in a position where you can't afford petrol to drive an hour to all your appointments? Last I heard your life situation was worlds apart from mine and you don't have alot of the same barriers I do . I fully supported and congratulated you in all of that when some people bagged you

I find it very hurtful that you can judge me as 'making excuses' when I need to work.
    Last edited by Ffrenchknickers; 21-08-2013 at 14:13.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

spoon  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HippyGirl85 View Post
    Ffrenchie have you heard of/tried smart recovery online?

I have had many clients that have found support and success from them.
    I didn't know it was online, cool thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Ffrenchknickers - i havent posted previously but i have been reading and you have been in my thoughts.
    Please dont leave the thread, read back and see all the support and all the people that care about you. Its pretty incredible. Use that as part of your recovery. If it helps even in the smallest way, every bit helps right?.
    Good luck, it think you are incredible brave to have put yourself out there (on here) like you have with your honesty, I hope you get the help you want in the terms that you want.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm going to have a look at the online recovery. I really need to be an inpatient to get me through my darkness but I also have to work and look after the kids so it's a big catch 22! I had a massive meltdown lastnight and I slept in my car because I was too scared to get help but I just needed to escape.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    Ffrenchknickers - i havent posted previously but i have been reading and you have been in my thoughts.
    Please dont leave the thread, read back and see all the support and all the people that care about you. Its pretty incredible. Use that as part of your recovery. If it helps even in the smallest way, every bit helps right?.
    Good luck, it think you are incredible brave to have put yourself out there (on here) like you have with your honesty, I hope you get the help you want in the terms that you want.
    Yes people are amazing xxx. I haven't left yet lol.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

bpac  (21-08-2013),RipperRita  (21-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymumof5 View Post
    I'm going to have a look at the online recovery. I really need to be an inpatient to get me through my darkness but I also have to work and look after the kids so it's a big catch 22! I had a massive meltdown lastnight and I slept in my car because I was too scared to get help but I just needed to escape.
    You slept in your car?? Omg. Pm me if you want to talk. Do you have a partner?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    No, I started this thread because I was incredibly interested in inpatient. I just need it now. This thread is called mental health unit meaning inpatient! Of course I said I was worried about leaving the kids, who wouldn't be? I've already done two weeks inpatient a couple of months ago!
    This is the part I don't understand. Myself and numerous people have advised presenting to emergency saying that you need help and why. You have a long list of reasons as to why you haven't done this yet.

that is as far as I can see your only option for inpatient treatment right now.

Whilst your gp says they might not admit you, you don't know that for 100%. The worst thing that could happen is that they don't, but they will still see you and put additional supports into place (if you want them) for you.

Where were you admitted last time? Can you go back there?

your other option is to get private health, wait 2 months and do private inpatient and have to miss a couple of weeks of work.

That is the reality of your options.

There is no magical solution.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (21-08-2013)