+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 95 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    Dealing with chronic pain must make life so unbearable at times. I couldn't imagine it. You must be strong dealing with it as long as you have.

before depression I wasn't much of an alternative therapy type of person but I have found some of it helped me a great deal when It was combined with more traditional medicinal approaches.

I know it sounds a bit airy fairy but it came up alot in sessions when I was attending the mental health day program so I tried it and it did help me.
    Things like mindfulness, meditation and natural ingredients can help combat pain. I had one woman in one of my group sessions that suffered chronic back pain and depression who saw a natropath on advice of one of the mental health nurses who put her on large quantities of fish oil and some other flowery powery stuff that had natural pain relief qualities and it helped her a great deal. She was also put on a special diet that apparently helped her.

if your not into that stuff (like I wasn't, it can seem a little far fetched) but its important when dealing with any illness to fight it with every resource avaliable so i think its worth a try.

Just a thought
    Oh, I have always been so so into alternative therapies! This is me to a tee. I was studying naturopathy until I got my job running the pool and I taught yoga etc. I don't remember the last time I took the kids to a doctor. We don't do anti biotics etc. I can't actually believe that I am in the position where I actually HAVE a gp let alone visit her every six days.

It's hard finding that stuff out here in the country as most people are not into it but I should look further, thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu 2 View Post
    You don't have to be in the middle of a melt down to go to ED , if the hospital has a mental health service go access it now! If they cannot offer you inpatient service then they have to provide you access to outpatient or community services.
    The nearest hospital that has mental health is a 2.5 hour drive . The closest referring hospital is an hour. I do have a counsellor through atods (alcohol tobacco and other drugs) but that's all they have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymumof5 View Post
    I'm on opiate painkillers for chronic pain. They are good...too good lol
    Yeah...same

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I"m so sorry you are going through this ffrenchie, i just wish i could make it all better for you. You are such an amazingly strong person, and i'm so proud of you for seeking support and help in the midst of you going through this really difficult time. Mental health is so overlooked in society and there's not much support out there, must be even harder being regional. Much love as you work your way through this hun xx

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to V8 For This Useful Post:

CrankyAndTired  (19-08-2013),Ffrenchknickers  (19-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks v

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have you been to the the hospital that has the mental health service before? You seem reluctant to seek help from them. If it is no to the first answer then maybe it is time to ring them and ask what they can do for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I haven't. Dh gets clients admitted all the time though. I'm only reluctant because I'm scared of being rejected I think, the other day when the gp couldnt help me i fell into a pit so fast. also the last time i was In hospital a nurse told me i wasnt bulimic even though id thrown up
    Nearly everday For 17 years.

And also the huge upheaval on the family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nearly tried to admit myself this afternoon. The ed puts me in such a dark place. Was allowed an extra oxy which took the edge off. I actually hate that my life is controlled by drugs. Drugs to make me happy, drugs to stop me losing it completely, drugs to help the pain (which they don't anymore anyway) drugs to make my heart beat slow enough. Ugh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Would admitting yourself be such a bad thing? You need help and support to get through this.

If you can't get help in time have you thought about taking leave from/giving up your job? Perhaps not having the added stress of a timeframe breathing down your neck would be a relief and help.

Your health and your families happiness is the most important thing.

Good luck..

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, it would be a good thing. I feel I need to be somewhere to get through this, it's just hard to get in anywhere apparently without having the option of private. They said that I'd only have a chance if I went in during an episode that they could witness.

I can't take leave, I'm contracted to run the town pool and without me there is no pool (the only recreational facility we have.). I've had since January off as we were severely flooded with lots of damage. Besides, it's really a great job, I get to take the kids and we need the money. I would not like to lose it. I know what you're saying though, if I had two months I'd be able to wait the waiting period on phi and go somewhere private. Having said that, I need to deal with it now anyway

Ugh.