+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 94 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It does add pressure. It's not a job that I can't be on the ball for.

I had a great guy lined up to work full time for me, he knows the job and I am
    Comfortable leaving him there alone but he told me last week he has been offered another job down the coast and isn't coming back

I have employed three young people but none I can leave there alone. Hubby can do it but he has his own job and there aren't any other qualified lifeguards around this little town.

Thanks ripper Rita for the phi recommendation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabella View Post
    I think a supportive understanding, educated partner is absolutely the most important weapon I have in staying well. That and knowing when to ask for help, and where to get it.
    Thinking of you :-)
    It absolutely makes a difference, I need to remember I am very lucky. But then I go down the track of, my life is wonderful, what right do I have to be so f$&'ed up??!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just want to thank everyone again for the lovely support and messages on here and pm's. just talking about it has helped alot.

I'm really not sure what to do. Had another episode last night but not bad enough for dh to call an ambulance like the gp told him to do. I feel like I can't go to the er (it's an hour away) without being actually in the midst of a meltdown.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh has control of my pain meds and I am down to only 60mg of oxy a day. It's not nearly enough to help the pain but I'm not allowed anymore. Dh has control of my pain meds which is causing friction. The pain adds so much to the depression.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    I just want to thank everyone again for the lovely support and messages on here and pm's. just talking about it has helped alot.

I'm really not sure what to do. Had another episode last night but not bad enough for dh to call an ambulance like the gp told him to do. I feel like I can't go to the er (it's an hour away) without being actually in the midst of a meltdown.
    When you are having a meltdown can you or ur dh call mental health so they can witness an episode? I was very lost and very dangerous after baby 5 as I wasn't back on any meds after the pregnancy and the only way I could get myself help was to call mental health during a really bad day so I didn't sit there and sugarcoat my feelings ad I find I do when I'm having an ok day. The day I called mental health they took me in straight away and I had a huge session with a councillor then she spoke to the psychiatrist who then came in and spoke to me and we went from there. She wanted to admit me for EST but I declined.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    Dh has control of my pain meds and I am down to only 60mg of oxy a day. It's not nearly enough to help the pain but I'm not allowed anymore. Dh has control of my pain meds which is causing friction. The pain adds so much to the depression.
    My dh also controls my pain meds and I hate it. Some days I will raid the house searching for them but he takes them to work with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to search for my Valium, I haven't been this time. What pain meds are you on? I'm banned from picking up my own scripts now. It's for my own safety but...yeah...
    Last edited by Ffrenchknickers; 19-08-2013 at 12:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dealing with chronic pain must make life so unbearable at times. I couldn't imagine it. You must be strong dealing with it as long as you have.

before depression I wasn't much of an alternative therapy type of person but I have found some of it helped me a great deal when It was combined with more traditional medicinal approaches.

I know it sounds a bit airy fairy but it came up alot in sessions when I was attending the mental health day program so I tried it and it did help me.
    Things like mindfulness, meditation and natural ingredients can help combat pain. I had one woman in one of my group sessions that suffered chronic back pain and depression who saw a natropath on advice of one of the mental health nurses who put her on large quantities of fish oil and some other flowery powery stuff that had natural pain relief qualities and it helped her a great deal. She was also put on a special diet that apparently helped her.

if your not into that stuff (like I wasn't, it can seem a little far fetched) but its important when dealing with any illness to fight it with every resource avaliable so i think its worth a try.

Just a thought

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (19-08-2013),Jenga  (19-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You don't have to be in the middle of a melt down to go to ED , if the hospital has a mental health service go access it now! If they cannot offer you inpatient service then they have to provide you access to outpatient or community services.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm on opiate painkillers for chronic pain. They are good...too good lol