+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Separating twins at daycare ??

I have 2.5yr old b/g twins & a 7 mth old. The twins go to daycare 3 days a week. I've just started to keep each twin at home on 1 day each month, so they have abit more one on one time with my, & it's their special day. It was also meant to increase their confidence when away from each other. My ds especially is very reliant on his sister. So every fortnight, for one day. They are separated.. I just don't know if I'm doing the right thing. My ds was distraught going off to daycare without his sister. He did settle though. He had been to daycare before on his own without any problem, but not today.

Has anyone done this, or anything similar? It's a real treat for the one staying at home, & I really enjoy it too, but don't if its going to b at the detriment of the other one. What are your thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aww! I don't have any twin experience but I think that's a great thing you're doing! It will be good for both of them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have twins either, but it sounds great to me!
    It may bother them to start with, but kids need challenges to learn. Hopefully it doesn't take them too long to adjust

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister has b/g twins. As with yours the boy was the follower. Their daycare was quite big so managed to have them in different rooms as toddlers, said it did wonders for him. She has continued it on with primary school now and wouldn't have it any other way.
    They'll always be twins but are also little individuals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't have twins but I think what you're doing is amazing! That's such a lovely thing for them to have, even if your DS feels like this initially it is the beginning of independence and developing his own identity. Awesome

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've looked after b/g twins at my daycare and their mum did the same thing as they were just playing together not making any friends, it was so awesome for their self confidence and I'm sure each one enjoyed their one on one time with mummy. It's a great idea to help them develop their individuality not always being "the twins"!!

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone! Ill give it alittle longer and see how it goes. Glad to hear others thoughts. The hardest bit is getting one out the door and into the car without the other one..... Daycare people are wonderful and I know both are very comfortable with the caters, who are supportive of what I'm doing. Thanks again