+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Items disappearing from school lunchbox

My DS three times this week has gone to eat his muesli bar and its been gone from his lunchbox. It happened again today and I know for certain I put it in (the others days I thought I had but couldn't really be sure). It's his treat in his lunch box and doesn't come home and ask for another just says it was gone again. I don't think he is trying to pull a fast one on me.

Is it something I can mention to the teacher or too meddling? I try not to get too involved unless its serious stuff.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd speak to the teacher about that, I dost think it's meddling at all. If someone is taking it from his bag then they are stealing. It may be a good opportunity for the teacher to speak to the whole class about stealing and respecting other people and their belongings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Also, in the interim.. It's not a solution but put it somewhere else in his bag. I think you should talk to the teacher. I would want to know if my child was stealing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunny Lover For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (16-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks I think I should speak to the teacher especially when I can remember putting it in this morning. I don't tend to jump straight away with stuff as I know 7yo boys can well "elaborate". But three times is probably a bit much. I'll put it somewhere else in his bag too for now and see if that helps. Apparently a kid took some of his dry crackers out of his container while he was eating them so seems to be something food wise going on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would say a child is stealing it. Put it somewhere else in the bag and talk to his teacher.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would tell the teacher, they need to know these things as it could be happening to other kids too.

When my DD was in prep their bags were stored outside the classroom door in an area shared with 2 other classes and some kids were starting to notice things missing from their lunch boxes. The teachers were able to sort it out - we didn't get the full story but through rumours the child was named and I would say the poor kid was hungry and not getting enough sent in his own lunch box.

I started naming all my DD's food using a black texta on her muesli bar wrappers and banana's etc.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same thought as spotty socks, maybe its being taken by a hungry kid. Several times at 4yo kinder last year the teachers sent home notices mentioning that several of the kids "could definitely eat more if it was included in their lunchbox" ie your kid's hungry, please send more food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd mention it to the teacher. I remember being on a placement once in a primary school where things were going missing from bags... it turned out to be a particular kid who was taking snacks from bags. It's definitely something that the school would want to be aware of. It's important that they try to address any kind of stealing/going through others' belongings etc.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Definitely tell the teacher. It's not meddling at all. Or you could encourage your son to tell the teacher first, and see what happens from that? I often feel embarrassed if a parent comes to me and tells me about something that's going on that I really felt that I should know about. The flip side, too, is that maybe there is a student who is being neglected ie no lunch, and the teacher can address that too.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would mention it to the teacher and as others have said put it else where in the school bag